Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 The Queen's Songbook
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2002 :  12:28:53 AM  Show Profile
I just received my copy of the "Queen's Songbook". It's a great source. I only wish it had tab too. My music reading is extremely poor.

----------
Dusty

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2002 :  04:18:00 AM  Show Profile
May I suggest you can get an inexpensive notation software program, type in the notes and let it translate it to tab for you. I like Museedit for about $60, but lots others available.

This is not a perfect way to go, because the translation doesn't alays come out in positions you want to play. Sometimes I have to use the "translate" function to move the tab up or down to get it where I want. 99% of the times this gets me close enough that I can use my ear to get it where I want. I don't type in the chords, just the melody. Also these prorams can transpose from different keys to one you're using, but sometimes that really alters the sound. At any rate, I have found it a very productive use of time.

Could I have learned to read music in the time that I took me to type the stuff -- well, sure, but you know
Raymond
San Jose

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000