Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Aloha Camp Moloka‘i
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2004 :  8:12:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Mahalo to everyone for making the 2004 Aloha Music Camp one of the most enjoyable experiences imaginable.

And congratulations to George and Nancy and everyone involved for another steller week at Napili-- I sat next to Lawrence on the plane home and learned first hand what a fantastic experience everyone had on Maui.

Wow! Talk about a week full of aloha!!!

I have posted some pictures of the Aloha Camp on our website. Check 'em out when you get a chance. http://www.alohamusiccamp.com/04pics.html

A hui hou,

Mark

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2004 :  8:29:49 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo Mark, fo' da kine peetchas. It is so nice to see everyone we know (like Mark Lennon, Kaliko, Kevin, Keola, and all the new folks we have never met in person). Must have been one heckuva good time.

Me ke aloha,

Reid and Sarah
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2004 :  9:30:53 PM  Show Profile
And a fine job you and that camp sweetie-pie do administering! What a week, Mark. Great workshop schedule (hope you plan to expand YOUR arranging session to a full week; I really enjoyed it), great location, great instructors, great everything. Mahalo nui loa for a memorable week.

Malama pono
duke
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2004 :  10:25:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
yes!! mark and annie (and keola and nona and everbody else), you pulled together an amazing camp. these photos slowed down my re-entry into the real world just a bit more, mahalo nui loa.

(PS hi duke! it sure was great meeting you!)

aloha, keith
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2004 :  02:31:31 AM  Show Profile
(hi Keith! great to meet you too! it was fun playing music with you. don't know about you, but I can't seem to get my mind back on track... sigh... -- duke)
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2004 :  10:04:20 PM  Show Profile
Duke,

I'm about 1/4 way through initial editing of the AMC Student Concert. I just got done listening to your version of My Sweet Pikake Lei. Great job buddy! In your introduction you talked about going through the week, meeting people and stringing those experiences into a lei which when tied together, close the circle. So subtle, yet so poignant. What little time I spent with you was a joy.

I know that we all had a great time with our various camps. Hopefully next year they won't coincide, so we can do both. All I can say is that in almost thirty years of visiting (and living) in the islands, I don't think I've had a better time that this year on Moloka`i. Keola and the Beamer `ohana were as wonderful as always. John and Hope Keawe, our dear friends, closed the lei. In the middle, along with pikake and plumeria are Byron and Kevin and all the campers. Aloha Kakou!!!!!

Kaupoa Village was also a very special place. So pristine and so isolated. It reminded me of Halama park or Kam I in Kihei in about 1975 (of course there was no Foodland at the back).

Thank you Mark and Annie for all your hard work. And for those of you who are unaware, Mark and Annie were given the great honor of Hawaiian names by Aunty Nona.

A hui hou,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2004 :  03:50:08 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Dave--

Wow! I thought for sure the recordings you made were lost. You da man--er da big dog! Thanks for your kind words. I love that sweet song. It was such a nice reunion with folks from the first AMC and to meet lots of new ones. I still can't seem to get back into my everyday routine...Moloka'i is on my mind constantly.

A hui hou

Duke
Go to Top of Page

annie
Aloha

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2004 :  11:21:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit annie's Homepage
Hello everyone!
Duke, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one trying to get back in the swing. I still miss my shell collecting workshop after breakfast, the music floating in the air, and all the wonderful people. My cat cannot carry on a decent conversation (she thinks the same about me, I'm sure). At least I know I have something very special to look forward to. If only I could convince Don the Chef to come visit for about 15 years.......
xxoxoxAnnie
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2004 :  10:24:43 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by annie
If only I could convince Don the Chef to come visit for about 15 years.......
xxoxoxAnnie

Lessee....at 1 lb per week...times 52....times 15......uh, don't think that'd be real WeightWatchers-friendly (but what a way to go <G>)

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2004 :  7:30:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Mahalo to Jean Smith and Richard Kaulele Wasserman for sending in some swell pix of the '04 Aloha Music Camp.

I've posted a second page of photos on the camp website:

http://www.alohamusiccamp.com/04pics_more.html

So many wonderful memories! Looking forward to more great adventures with everyone.

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by - Mark on 07/20/2004 7:37:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

donley
Aloha

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2004 :  10:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit donley's Homepage  Send donley a Yahoo! Message
There are more really wonderful pictures at www.kaliko.info

It was a great camp.

Donley
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2004 :  10:53:29 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Donley--

I've been trying to see those pictures for some time, there's no active link to either "people" or "place" when I go to the page?? Any clues? Is it a mac vs pc thing I wonder?

Duke
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2004 :  11:36:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi duke,

we were just talking about you today - dreaming of biking out to hana.

it's a browser kind of thing. try netscape. (that's what i ended up doing).

aloha, keith

Edited by - marzullo on 07/23/2004 5:34:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

donley
Aloha

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2004 :  11:47:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit donley's Homepage  Send donley a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Duke

Keith may be right. This is the whole address that comes up when I click the people link.

http://homepage.mac.com/drmacnut/panpoly/lifestyles/amc/2004/camp04/index.html

Donley
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2004 :  01:08:18 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo Donley, that'n works for me. Do I need another for the 'place' folder, or will I get all the pix here?

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2004 :  06:05:49 AM  Show Profile
That worked for me too. Mahalo, Donley! Now I'm homesick for Kaupoa.

Aloha Keith--Guess you better get back here and hop on those bikes! I'll have cold beers (or whatevers) waiting at the end of the road :)

Duke
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000