Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 TaroPatch.net 2004 CD: Contributors Only
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  8:40:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
A few updates. First, I am proud to announce the youngest contributor to the CD...my 12-year-old stepson Brennan recorded "Kani Ki Ho`alu" yesterday for inclusion on the CD. He's been playing guitar for 18 months and it all started with this song! I'm extremely jealous not only that he got into guitar so young but that he only took four takes to get one he was happy with!

Also, it looks like the CDs will be mailed out the week after Labor Day. I may start posting some of the songs on SoundClick the week before.

Thanks for your patience...I promise it will be worth the wait.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  10:03:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Awesome! Great to have one more contributor. Great to have such a young contributor too. Acoustic guitar genre just does not have a lot of sub-teen players/fans, I think.

Thanks Craig. Looking forward to the music from everyone - big time!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Kahalenahele
Lokahi

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  11:56:25 PM  Show Profile
Craig - what sort of mastering did you end up doing on the cuts?
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2004 :  01:32:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I'm still in the process but my basic strategy is as follows: Where possible I've left them alone (other than to normalize volume levels). For mono tracks I've added a stereo filter to provide a little separation and stereo imaging. For tracks that lost tonal range due to the recording process I've added an exciter filter. For tracks that need it I've added a subtle reverb. Finally, for tracks that came out heavy on the bass end I've added some EQ.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2004 :  11:50:52 PM  Show Profile
Hey Craig,

Please don't add any more reverb to our submission...

...but it would be nice if you could fix my playing.

...Lawrence

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  02:00:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
No problem. FWIW, I will not be adding reverb to any tracks that already have it.

I've only fixed three people's playing...all by request!

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 08/25/2004 02:00:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

garson
Lokahi

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2004 :  4:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit garson's Homepage
MP3 fine with me Jim Garson

Jim Garson
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2004 :  2:07:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Thanks Jim, I updated the list.

Attention all contributors: Please email me your mailing address even if you think I already have it. Send to craig @ patchett.com ... mahalo

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 08/31/2004 2:07:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2004 :  04:20:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Just a quick update...I am still on schedule to have the CDs ready to ship on Tuesday 9/7. If you want yours to go out on Tuesday, however, I need your mailing address. If you haven't emailed it to me in the last week please do so this weekend. At the moment I only have mailing addresses for half the contributors.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

sbar15
Lokahi

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2004 :  7:08:48 PM  Show Profile
Great news Craig I can not wait to hear the music thanks so much for doing this

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2004 :  10:50:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Yes, exactly what sbar15 said.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Mark E
Lokahi

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2004 :  12:19:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark E's Homepage
Mahalo, me three.

Mark (eisensta)
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  03:15:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Thanks guys! Good news and bad news...the good news is that I wrapped up all the production work today and got the masters burned. The bad news is that only Andy's and Sarah's sets will be going out tomorrow. I'll start burning the rest tomorrow night and ship out as many as possible on Wednesday.

I'm still missing 7 addresses so please email me yours ASAP if you haven't already. Mahalo.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  02:25:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Good and bad news again today. Good news: I got more CDs out. Bad news: The CD burner on one of my computers is acting up so my output is only 50% of what I hoped it would be. I'll keep getting them out as fast as I can though so bear with me.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  1:18:58 PM  Show Profile
Hang in there, Craig.
Your work is much appreciated
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly