Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Keola Beamer Slack Key TAB
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

botfly
Aloha

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2004 :  11:08:28 AM  Show Profile
I have pretty much not played guitar since I left Kaneohe in '69, but have decided to take it back up since hearing Keola Beamer's version of `Imi Au Ia `Oe. For whatever reason this song speaks to me more than any other music I have ever heard!! I finally got the C Wahini tuning back, but need TAB to figure out the fingering. I'd like to learn this and play it as a duo for my son's graduation recital. Anyone know if the tab music has been published? If so where can I buy it?? Cost is not a factor.

Please reply to this topic or to botfly @ msn.com

PJ

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2004 :  11:28:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by botfly

Cost is not a factor.
In that case I'll tab it out for you for $1,000! (Sorry, couldn't resist.) Seriously though, it is not currently available from any of the regular slack key tab resources. Unless someone here has tabbed it out already you'll need to find someone to transcribe it for you.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2004 :  12:15:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Try contacting Keola at kbeamer.com on the chance that it was tabbed out for a student or workshop? That might be worth a shot.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

botfly
Aloha

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2004 :  1:00:13 PM  Show Profile
Ahh my fears are confirmed - I'll try the workshop angle - and thak you for responding so quick. I am just astounded by this piece and arrangement.
Go to Top of Page

botfly
Aloha

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  5:33:33 PM  Show Profile
Results are in, according to kbeamer.com, the song has not been published in TAB format - I couldn't locate any type sheet music for it. If anyone has a copy, I am still looking

mahalo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000