Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Taropatch.net problems: lost data 8/6-8/9 & email
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  3:55:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I just noticed that our database appears to have regressed to 8/6/2004. I am not sure what has happened to the last 3 days of posts and new members.

I am looking in to this. Apologies for the problems. And I hope that this is fixable but no guarantees.

Andy

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  7:59:26 PM  Show Profile
Well....

....my wife insists that I have regressed to 1960...

....but that is another story

Good luck with the recovery.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  12:14:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
No update at this moment folks. Sorry for the trouble. I hate to lose good posts. And also, apologies to those members who just joined Aug 6th - 8th. You may need to register again.

I am still looking into this but the outlook is not particularly good for recovery.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  08:41:50 AM  Show Profile
All your great work is appreciated Andy--ya win some and ya lose some...
Some of us lose stuff more often than this relatively minor thing...it MUST be the 60's...has anybody seen the Warlocks in the Taropatch?
Betcha Jerry would have loved taropatch and slack.
I know I do.
G
Go to Top of Page

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  1:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
Gosh Maybe thats why the $10,000 prize to first Taro Patcher to call before 10:00Am wasn't given out. Oh well there's always next year
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  2:03:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Wait a minute, I won that prize...the post announcing it must have been lost.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  2:48:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
You guys are too much. Do to technical difficulty, I won the $$$.

Kidding aside, the server problems yesterday required a drive to be replaced. Unfortunately the last backup that had been done was dated 8/6/04 so we did lose posts that came in over the weekend and into yesterday.

Looking at the bright side, losing three days of our two and half years of posts is relatively insignificant. I am thankful that we did not lose more. Sorry about those 3 days but we'll pretend that we are all 3 days younger?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  4:17:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Just became aware that our email links at Taropatch.net have not been working properly for the past few days also. So if you emailed someone and they have not replied, I'd advise trying again.

Sorry for the trouble but there have been some server changes taking place this week and it's been wreaking havoc. I think we're back on track now.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2004 :  03:27:33 AM  Show Profile
Andy - I sent you an email about 8 PM, PST using your link
Craig, also sent you one

I haven't heard back from either
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked