Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 cpatch, tell us about your Devine!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  4:31:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
I played one at the Pua Pua store in the Pacific Beach hotel - it was an absolutely amazing uke. What are the details on yours? How do you like it?

Aloha,
Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  5:01:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Hey Fran, I have the curly maple one that used to be shown on the Devine site...apparently Eric has redesigned the site to feature only his kasha designs, but mine is traditional. Beautiful wood and great sound; the wood is what drew me to it in the first place, the sound was a bonus as I bought it "blind" off eBay when Eric was experimenting with eBay (based on what I paid for it vs. what he's selling them for on his Web site I doubt he'll use eBay again!). It's wasted on me as I'm still an uke rookie, but Keith Marzullo has played it and was impressed enough to take one of Eric's business cards from me.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  8:33:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
Yes indeed! It's a great player as well as a beauty. Bright and full sounding.

craig has had amazing luck (has amazing skill?) in getting instruments from EBay.

aloha,
keith

Keith
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  03:11:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
The kasha model I played certainly was not bargain priced, and it was very non-traditional in sound as well as look and design, but it was an amazing player and had a really huge version of a nahenahe sound. It's really a trick to be sweet sweet and loud loud at the same time, I would think.

This trip has been lots of ukulele fun, and I think it's rubbing off in a good way on the guitar playing as well. I can't wait to see what shows up at the Made in Hawaii show this weekend.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000