Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Bay Area's "Secret" Slack Key Shows!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  3:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Aloha Everyone!

Well the secret is out! This weekend, starting on Thursday Sept.2 -Sunday Sept. 5 Mike Kaawa and Kawika Kahiapo(www.kawikakahiapo.com) will be performing throughout the Bay Area. Here's the info:

Thursday Sept 2 8pm-11pm
Gordon Biersch Restaurant Brew
33 E San Fernando St, San Jose, CA 95113
408) 294-6785
Free

Friday Sept. 3 6:30pm-10:00pm
The New HUKILAU Palo Alto
642 Ramona Street
(just a block and half south of University Ave, near Blue
Chalk).
Tel: 650.329.9533
Free

Saturday Sept 4th 8pm-11pm
Hukilau San Francisco

5 Masonic Ave.
(SW Corner of Masonic and Geary)
San Francisco, CA 94118
415-921-6242
www.dahukilau.com
Free

Sunday Sept 5 1pm-6pm
KMUD Annual Luau
Benbow Lake State Recreation Area
2mile from GARBERVILLE
http://www.kmud.org/support/luau2004/luau2004.php

I'll be at all the shows but looking for people to come out for happy hour in Palo Alto especially!! Any takers, let me know! Hope to see you guys there!

Aloha!

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com

Here are their websites!
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/hwnboy/MikeKaawa.html
www.kawikakahiapo.com

Edited by - hwnslacker on 09/01/2004 3:12:09 PM

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  7:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Hey, Patrick, I'll make a big try to be there and see the guys. Ya know it's getting pretty thin around Honolulu since you started bringing all the players over here.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2004 :  05:40:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
lol! I know!The Big Island Slack Key fest is this weekend and these guys are here! Come by Palo Alto! It will be fun!

Aloha!
Patrick

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2004 :  09:54:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Patrick, Kawika, Mike... killer lineup and for free?!?!

And will Mike Kaawa still have a Taropatch.net button pinned to his hat? Inquiring minds want to know.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2004 :  10:20:59 AM  Show Profile
Once again, Big Mahalos to Patrick. Mark Lennon and I went to the Thursday show at Gordon Biersch. WOW!!!

Must have been a school night for the rest of the Taropatch `ohana. Since it Friday, and no school tomorrow, don't miss the Palo Alto show. Besides, it's ono grinds. I'm planning on going again tonight. Hope to see more of you.

Love those "Secret" events. Keepum comin Brah!!

Dave
Go to Top of Page

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2004 :  10:54:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Aloha Patrick and Taropatchers...

I for one will try to be there tonight at the Hukilau in Palo Alto! I can't quite get enough of this slack key stuff! And I can just sit and enjoy it - nobody tugging me this way or that, like on Sunday.

Thanks again for organizing the musicians for Aloha in the Redwoods and getting that to happen so smoothly! It was one (BIG thing) I did not have to really worry about too much!

Mahalo and see you tonight (after my daughters finish their music lessons...or maybe they will come a little later with Mike.)

Oh, by the way, photots taken by Ron Marler from ALOHA in the REDWOODS in La Honda can be viewed at:

http://gallery43994.fotopic.net/c275640.html

Karen
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2004 :  4:35:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
No problem Karen! We ALL had a great time and what a way to end a successful tour! Hope to see you this evening!!
Dave and Mark- Great seeing you last night and mahalo for the beer! Let's do it again!!

Aloha!

Patrick
www.patricklandeza.com
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2004 :  10:47:47 AM  Show Profile
Once again, double WOW. The Hukilau performance was outstanding. Special thanks to Pat, Mike and Kawika. It was great to rekindle Taropatch friendships.

Mahalo

Dave
Go to Top of Page

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2004 :  3:15:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Aloha,

WOW! Mahalo Patrick for letting us know about the "secret slack key" concerts! Hukilau show was awesome and the food not bad either!

How do you get to Benbow by 1 pm tomorrow if Kawika and Mike are playing til 11 pm in SF? Drive all night? Or do they perform later in the day tomorrow?

Amazing...just amazing!

Patrick - Mahalo for organizing mainland slack key!

Karen
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2004 :  5:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Another wheee haaaa for the Hukilau Palo Alto show. Great rehearsal, guys!!! It was way fun watching Kawika and Mike get acquainted musically, and they're both such deep players that they kept surprising and pleasing each other with the great tunes, licks, and concepts they brought to the duo. It was so good that we almost didn't miss hearing from Patrick, so you know it was good indeed.

I hated missing the SF show, but my table tennis tournament didn't wind down until 11 PM and I had been soundly defeated by all and sundry in about 12 different matches so all I could do was drag home and crash.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2004 :  11:15:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Nice talking to Fran and Karen via cell phone during the show. Now I'm connected in to the scene!

Fran - I'm emailing you about the table tennis.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Michael Arago
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2004 :  11:56:41 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Patrick,
A big North Coast mahalo from all of us who attended the KMUD Luau at Benbow over the Labor Day weekend. Kawika, Mike Kaawa and Patrick's presence at this event helped make this the best Luau ever. The interplay between Kawika and Mike was incredible, the highlight being Mike's homage to one of his favorite bodysurfing spots, Point Panics. Tanks eh Patrick for bringing yourself and these guys up to the Redwoods of Southern Humboldt, can't wait to see who you bring up next year!
By the way, Mark Nelson, I mentioned to Patrick that you were thinking of attending. His reply was that if you were there, you were going to have to play! Maybe next year!

Aloha for now!

Michael Arago
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2004 :  1:33:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Auwe!

Michael, I tried. Really... my dog ate my homework, or my Dad wouldn't let me use the car, or something like that!

(Actually, I had to work all weekend on the Aloha Camp mailing... wotta lame excuse, huh?)

I so glad to hear it was a sucess. And yes, next year!

all the best,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2004 :  09:28:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
You better come next time Mark!! We'll put you onstage for sure! Mahalo for the kind words Michael, you sounded great as ever! Can't wait til next year!

aloha!
Patrick
www.patricklandeza.com

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page