Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Invitation to Hana
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2004 :  5:49:18 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, TP Ohana's
Seems like everyone is coming to maui, the waihee slackers got an invitaion to open up for the Makaha Son's for the closing of the aloha week luau in hana. Duke and Bob comes to waihee all the way from hana on saturdays for the slack key kanikapila. Bob said one of the committee asked him that they were looking for a hawaiian group to open up for the makaha son's. Bob called, I told him we needed to meet with everyone on saturday. ( long story short.) It's On!

This is an invitation to all taropatch ohana that might be here on Maui October 16. Duke got us a place to stay. ( 2 big house.) So Keith, Fran, Andy, Reid, Sarah, Dusty, Julie, Mark, Kawika, Ross, Cathe, Lawrence, Pulelehua, and the list goes on and on, if your planning on coming to maui around that time, bring your " Box" and come join us for the closing of aloha week in hana. The 2 big house? "Hawaiian Style" we all stay together.

Aloha, from Maui
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2004 :  6:20:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Aloha Kevin,

Just back from trying the new Kilohana Grill plate lunch in San Ramon, CA. We're happy mouth now, nice people, sweet music, good food. Too bad that's as close to Hana as I will get for a while. You guys gotta have a mighty fine time, and the folks at Hana are lucky to have a chance to hear the good stuff. While you're laying down the groove in Hana, I'll be in Texas with ukulele and guitar, trying to bring some aloha feeling to the Lone Star state and a bunch of guitar buddies.

Aloha from Kaleponi,
Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2004 :  8:33:42 PM  Show Profile
Yah shure...

Thanks for tha invite there, Uncle Kevin.

We done blown the wad in June at George's.

But, you folks have a good time without us.

We'll be just fine here at home....

You bettcha...

sigh...

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2004 :  01:49:20 AM  Show Profile

Aloha Uncle Kevin:

Ahhhh, Maui in fall.....mahalo for the invitation, surely wish I could be there with you, wishing very hsrd, very hard, aarrrgggh,auwe.
Still here in Kalipono.

Will be thinking of you and my heart will be with you and I'm counting the days until June.....

me ke aloha, ou hui hou....

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Pulelehua
Akahai

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2004 :  03:54:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kevin,

Wow - what a terrific idea! Wish I could participate. Please give Duke my best when you see him. Any chance you'll be coming to the mainland this fall?

Aloha,
Pulelehua

Pulelehua
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2004 :  1:44:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Kevin, Duke, Bob, Kawika, Kitty, and the entire Maui crew,

What a cool invitation. So the Waihee jam will take place in Hana. Wish Lynette and I could be there. Any chance for a live internet video feed?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  6:24:15 PM  Show Profile
Just caught this thread today.... It should be a nice event, although the Makaha Sons have dropped out it seems. So maybe that makes us Waihe'e/Hana slackers the headliners? Will be thinking of all our friends who can't make it.

Me ke aloha
Duke
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  08:32:10 AM  Show Profile
Duke, I just got a brain burp. You most likely will have a break in the program and certainly will have folks gather before and after the live performance. Why not just connect a CD deck's line-outs to the amp/PA and play the TP CD to keep the audience's interest? That way, some TPers could participate remotely (virtually)and the music will entertain while live performers get ready or rest. Think of it as a warm-up. CD Decks are light, tracks are programmable and, if you need an RCA plug to 1/4" balanced TRS adapter, they are about $3. at Radio Shack.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  2:07:57 PM  Show Profile
Nice idea Reid! I have the means, just not the product. Maybe, though, we'll be able to record *our* session and somehow share it with you all.

...duke
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  3:14:00 PM  Show Profile
Aaaah...the product...
is on Soundclick if anyone cares to download... could burn a CD from the selections.

But, I love your idea, too. Howzabout a MD recorder, thence into a soundcard and thence (hence? Naah. :-) upload, or burn a CD to be mailed to the appropriate wonderful uploader? Could be an internet radio b'cast, too.

There just has to be a way to shorten the distance between Maui and Megalopolis!

(actually, I have been looking into private jets that could take about a dozen people in comfort, on your own timetable, and 4-6 hours less door-door time from the Right Coast to Maui. Sharing the cost, it is not all that much more than rising airfares, especially if you can schedule to avoid deadhead fees... dreamer...)
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  4:23:24 PM  Show Profile
Duke,

An MD from your PA is how I recorded the AMC CD (how's that for a lot of acromyns?)
Then it was MD to DAW for EQ to CDR which went to the PO.

Mahalo,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  7:31:27 PM  Show Profile
Like that private jet idea! I'll have to leave all the techie stuff to our sound man (and autoharpist), Bob Vogele, or Dan Sythe who is always so great about recording our kanikapila sessions in Waihee. Maybe he's already planning to record us. We'll keep you posted. In the meantime, we'll be thinking of you all and that surely will keep the aloha in our music. Wish you could all join us for our pot luck dinner tomorrow night at my house!

duke
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2004 :  9:21:14 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, Taro 'ohana's

Just a follow up on the event in Hana. Before leaving on friday, the weather report was, flood warnings for, Hana, Kipahulu, and Kaupo, So i decided to pack for the heavy shower's, long sleeve, jeans pants, jacket well, I've noticed that, the "Weather Man" is the only person that can make mistakes, and yet, still keep there job's.

It was a beautiful weekend in hana,the event was a success for the comminity. They had several event's through out the week, until the grand finale on saturday. ( there luau.)....with sunshine and blue skies.

The waihee slacker's wanted to say mahalo plenty to Duke and Bob, for arranging the event for us. We carried the aloha with us to hana, from those that could'nt make it there. ( TP ohana's and other waihee slacker's.)

Duke, the house was fabulous, the jam session's unforgettable, the ulu with coconut milk was great so was the smoked pork, and pork and cabbage.
Aaaah and your pineapple coconut cake.

Andy, Reid, Dan Sythe set up his recording unit when we played but, someone must've bumped the button while we were playing, because after returning to our hale, Dan played it back, and nothing was on it, sorry. For the short time we had to pre-pare for this event, everyone had a great time, ( Hal, Dan, Duke, Bob, and Sheldon.) the response and smiles on the peoples faces, made our trip complete. Now i know why they call it, "Heavenly Hana" it's only a step away. ( Heaven. )

Mahalo again Duke, see you all on saturday, by the way we went outside to pick some papayas for breakfast.

Me Ke Aloha
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  02:28:42 AM  Show Profile
Aloha all!

What a great weekend in Hana it was! Thanks to all (Kevin, Hal, Dan, Sheldon and family) who made the long trek out here to help us wrap up Aloha Week. I think we really made an impression on the community with our music. I hope all of you out there in Taropatch land will keep a trip out here to Heavenly Hana in mind whenever you find yourself on Maui. Maui no ka oi!!

Me ke aloha

Duke
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000