Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Puget Sound Calendar
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2005 :  3:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
I was thinking about contacting the Waimea Brewing company in Kirkland to see how they'd feel about us showing up some Saturday afternoon to drink their beer and play our guitars. Would anybody be into that?

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

There's no regrets; only good times.
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2005 :  9:15:56 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bruddah Chrispy

I was thinking about contacting the Waimea Brewing company in Kirkland to see how they'd feel about us showing up some Saturday afternoon to drink their beer and play our guitars. Would anybody be into that?

As long as it's root-type beer <G>

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2005 :  10:29:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Halau Hula O Napualani on March 12, Shoreline Comm. College
Doors open at 2, dinner at 4, ho`ike at 5.

Not an open jam, but I'd love to see other folks from this forum;
I'll be there (playing uke & bass); more info at 206/542-5594.
---"Uncle Gregg" from Hawai`i Radio Connection---
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  04:53:53 AM  Show Profile
I've played at Waimea Brewing--couple of gigs and some parties for "local" folks. A Sunday afternoon jam in the back once a month might be looked into.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2005 :  5:21:13 PM  Show Profile
Eh, Blallah! I talked to Rosie from Waimea Brewing--she told me that a jam in the back on a Saturday or a Sunday would be cool. Just call to make sure that the back room or area isn't being used for an event.
Keep in touch. Wassamattah you, you nevah even try call! I get gig on the 2nd Sat of April, uddawise.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  2:50:47 PM  Show Profile
Last minute note: Ho'olauleia at Chief Leschi HS west of Puyallup, April 2nd, starting at 11am-9pm. Food music and crafts.
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2005 :  06:50:03 AM  Show Profile
Saturday April 23
Univ of Puget Sound - Tacoma
Hawai`i Club Lu`au

Don't have any more info than that...sorry.

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2005 :  4:07:49 PM  Show Profile
T'anks, eh, I've heard bits 'n' pieces. It was orginally broadcast by KSER-Everett, with a special event at Bobby's in Everett. Bobby's get laulau! Kona Kiatchen get great breakfas'! Nuff arready. I goin' eat. Anyone like jam?
Go to Top of Page

Rich_Smith
Lokahi

USA
242 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  3:16:16 PM  Show Profile
Kani kapila at Richard Smith's house on April 30, from 3:00 to 5:00 PM. Email for directions, yeah.

Rich Smith
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  7:20:29 PM  Show Profile
Aaaarghhhh---foxed again!! Susy'n'I are goin' down to Grants Pass to hear Kevin & Mark & all that weekend :-/

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2005 :  07:06:22 AM  Show Profile
Awue!

I'll also be in GP.

So far my schedule has been such that I've only made it to one KKP. Should be easing up around mid-May. Hope to make to some after that

Puna

Puna
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2005 :  07:12:56 AM  Show Profile
It'll be nice t see the `ohana in Grants Pass. Should be a great show. Kevin and family are now on the mainland and performances start tonight in Felton CA.

Da Bus Driva,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  12:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Regarding jwn's message about the slack-key concert on the BCC television channel, and thumbstruck's followup - a little correction:

It is (as jwn said) the video of last year's concert at Town Hall, and not (as thumbstruck said - sorry, Mr. T) the radio broadcast that KSER aired (which was rebroadcast on KBCS), which was a festival live from Kaua`i.

Both were great shows. But be warned - if you catch the TV show, near the end of it, watch out for the segment when all the guitarists play together, and Cindy Combs calls out for "`Ulupalakua." The haole kane who comes up to dance it ... is me!
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  2:26:13 PM  Show Profile
Eh, Greg! I figured that I shot my keyboard off without careful reading when I was at work. Everything melts together like chocolate in the sun. Nice dancing, by the way.
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  08:53:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
I never know when the video will air, unless I check the BCC-TV site as well. KBCS did sponsor the show (as they try to do with many of the slack-key tours that come through the area), but our very own pal, HwnSlacker, is the man who organized and coordinated the tour itself. He does so much to bring the joy of Hawaiian music to this region, and we love him for it!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000