Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Camp pain decision 2005...vote here.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2005 :  03:41:04 AM  Show Profile
Aloha e Julie,

That *was* a super time. Both of us have scenes we experienced then engraved in our minds. Now, we have almost a year to imagine new great experiences. But, only 50? Just a kid...

A hui hou (for sure),

Reid
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  8:39:09 PM  Show Profile
Dear Reid,

Actually, I'm nearing 60, but the last few years have flown by like a bat... I looked up and I was suddenly older. Sigh.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  9:12:19 PM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou.
I'm also lusting after Moloka'i in February - the whales, the weather! But no Kevin? No John Keawe? Hmmmmm. Makes harder. Learned the most the fastest from John, I think.....not to put stink eye on any da otha kiho'alu teachas......
looks like lotsa old and new friends goin, hmmmmmmmm.

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2005 :  7:08:28 PM  Show Profile
It appears I may not be going to Maui...
family health stuff...
If someone is needing a room for Mon-Wed...e-mail me.
Room is at Napili Village.

I am really sad, but won't have good information on my Mom's illess till late May.
I will meet her doctor on Friday, maybe that will shed some light on the road ahead.

I'm tempted to wait on changes, but will need to make a decision on releasing the room--and air changes can wait (airmiles) but it just doesn't seem like it's a good time to leave home.

Don't worry Doug, I'll save the room Thurs - Sat (and Sunday?) for you. I'll let you know if we're gonna change the plan.

Things are scary, and up in the air right now.
Soooo disappointed.
But there will be other times to share.

If anyone wishes to e-mail, I'll be glad to hear from the patch...and will check messages every couple days or so.
And thanks Doug for the kind words.
Mahalo and prayers.
The artist formerly known as GRB
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2005 :  6:54:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Aloha Gordon:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom. I totally know what you are going through (since this also happened to me from last July until Christmas with my mom). Everything was touch and go and I couldn't make plans (or plans had to be shifted many, many times), along with a lot of other things. We will certainly miss you in Maui, but will be sending good energy and positive thoughts eastward and hope that your mom will get better and pull through this. She is certainly fortunate to have you close by and caring for her. Please make sure you take care of yourself too during this time (play lots of slack key!!!!), ok brah?

Malama pono,
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  06:05:28 AM  Show Profile
Gordon, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother during this difficult time.

Me Ke Aloha,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  6:46:35 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Kapila Kane,

Sorry this is happening to your mother and you at this time, if you cannot make it out to Maui, be assured that you will be missed. We too, hope that things work out well for your mom in any case.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2005 :  10:58:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi,
some guarded optimism after a visit with the surgeon...
With this type of cancer containment is often good...
a trip to Maui is still possible...
barring extreme developments...and a negative report on Lymph nodes after May 16 surgery...I'm not changin'plans at this time!
Hopeful in Colorado...but keep the prayer channels open...
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2005 :  11:48:34 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Gordon!!
Hang in there!! Possitive attitude and reinforcement seem to be some of the best medicine around - if we're talking about cancer... maybe you can take her to a beautiful Colorado place for Mothers' Day.
Vaya con Dios...
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Mark E
Lokahi

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  6:15:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark E's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Ianui

As some of you know I am moving to Las Vegas area (Hendeson) sometime in June. We have looked at a venue and plan on putting on a BIG slack key, Hawaiian Music show sometime in the early fall. It is an event I would hope to do annually. It can certainly be a Taro Patch Convention.

Perhaps we can combine one of Patricks Music Institutes, a big concert and lots of Kanikapila if we can get enough interested in coming. I will be more than happy to set it up with special airfares, hotel etc, but REALLY need the support in people coming if we do this.

What do you think of the idea and sometime in August or September.?

Anything happening along these lines?

Mahalo,

Mark (E)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000