Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Camp pain decision 2005...vote here.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  9:37:42 PM  Show Profile
We love George and Nancy, we love Keola and Moana and Auntie Nona, waaaah, but since there is a chance of AMC in February, we will go to George's this June. We should arrive around the 15th, and would like to connect with anyone playing around. So to speak. But how do we bring the guitars, the ukuleles, the slide guitar, the basses, the songbooks, the flutes, the ipus, when all we'll have is a mid-sized rental sedan?
Julie
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  05:03:15 AM  Show Profile
Hey Julie!
How do you get all those on the airplane?? Check around car rental; shouldn't be too much to upgrade...
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  05:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Aloha Julie!

I will be at George's this June and will be flying in a little earlier now (on the 17th). We would love to connect with you too! Keith was planning a kanikapila later that day or eve, so we can certainly plan on all getting together. Like you, since a February AMC was in the works, we also decided to come to George's this time. Our friends are going to Molokai this time, so we will see how things go for both of us in each camp.

Looking forward to meeting you finally! Looks like you'll need to hire a couple of roadies and upgrade to a van, judging by your packing list!

A hui hou,
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  4:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
quote:
since there is a chance of AMC in February

Aloha from sunny ... and windy... Lahaina.

Just got back from a quick trip to Moloka`i to check out the situation for the February Aloha Camp. Like I been sayin'... it's happening, it's happening. So it's a 100% chance. As in: a sure thing. For real. No bull.

Keola is hard at work with staff arrangements and I will post the info here and on the camp website when I get home and have the chance to talk to everyone. I expect to have the on-line registration page up by next week.

The entire Beamer `ohana will be on hand, and we have some very exciting guests-- one of whom is my favorite Hawaiian steel guitar player. Fans of real nahenahe Hawaiian steel in the tradition of David "Feets" Rogers (Sons of Hawaii, Gabby Pahinui Band) are in for a real treat.

We'll have slack key, `ukulele, hula, language, chant, Hawaiian steel guitar, traditional Hawaiian crafts, story telling, and more. It's a full week-long immersion into the music and culture of Hawaii.

The weather on west Moloka`i in February is wonderful, and you can see whales playing while you eat breakfast... or dinner.

Speaking of dinner... I gotta go.

cheers,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  8:54:03 PM  Show Profile
Tough, tough decision...
Goin to Maui...this June.
I'm callin' for a room at Napili Village tomorrow (Fri. Mar 11th).
Anybody interested in sharing a 2 bedroom?
I will also check for any cancellations at the Mauian...but seems a long shot.
But so was my airmiles ticket.

Sorry, for the delay in any HSG package Mark...
All the Nioma books are all music (no tab).
But will rifle through the stack one more time.

But I'd like to keep some of the Peterson originals (one original each)...only a handful of Hawaiian tunes, and no real standards.

Maybe one of the Monks here will transcribe you a copy of these OOP antiquities.

Feb. 2006? Dreamin', but gotta play Phoenix on Feb 11 next year...
Are the dates set up yet?
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2005 :  05:47:55 AM  Show Profile
The website (www.alohamusiccamp.com) shows the dates for the February Aloha Music Camp as Feb 5 - 11, 2006
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  8:04:44 PM  Show Profile
Yo Mark, that's such great news!!!!! Yippee!!!! Sign us up. Larry and myself, and 'maybe" our son as well. OK, now I'm happy.
Gotta go practice, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  09:22:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
quote:
Sign us up. Larry and myself, and 'maybe" our son as well. OK, now I'm happy.

Happy good.

Registration soon.

mark
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  3:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Aloha everybody -

I have just finished putting up the redesigned Aloha Camp webste, with information about the February 5-11, 2006 Camp.

www.AlohaMusicCamp.com

Our staff includes
  • Keola Beamer - slack key guitar
  • Moanalani Beamer - hula
  • Nona Beamer - Hawaiian culture
  • Kaliko Beamer-Trapp - Hawaiian language

with
  • Pat Cockett - `ukulele & slack key guitar
  • Fred Lunt - Hawaiian steel guitar
  • Anakala Pilipo - Hawaiian crafts and cultural practices
  • Dennis Lake - Build Your Own `Ukulele

and more to come...

The on-line registration links are active so you may sign up anytime you wish.

Mahalo to everyone for your patience.

Mark

Edited by - Mark on 03/19/2005 3:08:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  6:45:12 PM  Show Profile
Do you have provisions yet for us to just stay from June to February if we don't want to leave?

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  8:10:28 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Do you have provisions yet for us to just stay from June to February if we don't want to leave?

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  04:31:35 AM  Show Profile
So, I just signed Sarah and me up for the Feb. '06 AMC, and we are PSYCHED. Haven't been for centuries, and we (I) ain't getting any younger.

Anybody else going?

...Reid

PS. If you are going, prepare to hear a whole lotta `olelo spoken and chanted and sung.
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  12:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Aloha Reid:

I'm seriously contemplating on going. It certainly is a better time for me to go, due to my work (and my husband's). It'll probably break the bank, but like you, I ain't getting any younger either! I'll have to juggle some numbers to see if it'll work out for February. I may have to wait until next June, if I can't swing it for then. Sure would love to meet you and Sarah, though (and anyone else who decides to go!).

Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  12:35:38 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Maggie,

Feb is THE primo time in Maui County. Just the right weather, whales you can not believe (they look like Greyhound busses getting airborn), no Summer vacation screamies, green vegetation, etc., etc. Even the occasional gales are super fun - scary like a carnival ride, but beautiful.

And then there are the people at the Camp - the best part of all of it. How many good, and lasting, friends we have made because of AMC! And, of course, because of this, our Taro Patch NetHome, where we all live when not on an Island.

It is worth an effort.

Aloha,

Reid
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  4:47:23 PM  Show Profile
Aloha ahiahi e kakou. Reid and Sarah, I am so glad I'll be seeing you again next Feb. As I've told you before, when I arrived at that first Aloha Music Camp (what year was that?), I was all alone, scared to death not knowing what to expect and feeling like an idiot thinking that with my five ukulele chords I should be attending such a workshop! Then there you were in the living room of our hale, bottle of wine and comfortable conversation at the ready. OK then, I think this is going to be allright...

My journey through the music world since then has been so fantastic. Oh, all the things I learned that first workshop, and all the things I've experienced since then! And all the wonderful people I've grown to love. Who knew that life really begins at fifty? True, we are not getting any younger and so we should grab every opportunity we can to fulfill our dreams.

Until we meet again, a hui hou

Julie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000