Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Camp pain decision 2005...vote here.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  04:08:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Aloha Keith,

Oh, this is soooo tempting!!! I will need to see if my traveling partner (another TP'er who is also going to the workshop) wants to do this and if there's space on the plane to change our itinerary. Also, we've got to find out if the Mauian has extra nights available (unless you can accomodate two extra TP'ers for one night to crash out on your floor!). If we can swing it, count us in!!! I'll check it out and get back to you shortly. Mahalo for opening up your place to have a kanikapila!!!

A hui hou,
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  05:48:47 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo nui loa to Kathi Kendricks!!
Kathi was kind enough to come over to talk story and share videos and pix from last year's AMC with me. I can't imagine a more perfect vacation/work-shop!!!
It was such a leap for me to actually embark on a vacation by myself to someplace new. And so now, I still won't be doing that since I've met so many new friends in the 'patch and some who will be at camp too -
This is filling my soul with so much aloha -
thank you all......

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  9:11:02 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Keith:

I would be greatly interested in a kani on the 17th, I'm flying over from da Big Island to Maui that day - I think. Count me in, as long as it's not before noon (need some time to get there, ya see)
Would be great to see you, eh?

cathe
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2005 :  08:34:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Aloha Keith:

It's looking even more probable that I will also be flying in a day earlier (6/17) to Maui. Like Cathe, I will not be arriving from the mainland until around noon (if no delays). If we can kanikapila later in the day or eve, that would be great! It will be terrific to meet up with you and Cathe (and whomever else that wants to come and join us). Again, mahalo for your offer to open up your place for this opportunity to meet and play music!

Maggie
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2005 :  1:20:08 PM  Show Profile
Unfortunately, we won't be arriving until the 19th. Play Ke`ala's Mele for me, Keith.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2005 :  2:24:22 PM  Show Profile
'eh dusty -
How long are you folks going to stay? I'll be there for a week after -
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2005 :  04:49:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
okay, the kanikapila is officially declared!

as the date gets closer i'll post more information. it would be nice to have an idea of how many people will show up, so i can get enough snacks... in april i'll post something to the kanikapila forum.

cathe, it will be great to see you again, it's been awhile! whenever we look at the bowl of yours, we think of you.

aloha,
keith
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2005 :  06:11:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Aloha Keith!

I also have officially changed my rez to leave the mainland on the 17th, so count me in (possibly 2 of us). I'll also help with snacks too. Thanks again for making this happen. It will be so wonderful to meet and kanikapila with everyone!

A hui hou,
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2005 :  4:19:08 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Nancy

'eh dusty -
How long are you folks going to stay? I'll be there for a week after -
n

We'll be leaving Monday AM 6/27.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2005 :  6:22:23 PM  Show Profile
O
my flight gets in at 0725.....

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  7:52:48 PM  Show Profile
I am still weighing both camps as options...can't decide!

Is Aloha music camp still open?
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  8:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
Hi Gordon! I just spoke with Nancy Kahumoku. She is really excited about the upcoming camp in June. They have changed the schedual a little so that there are small "jams" led by the instructors before dinner, and then the big kanikapila after dinner. She should have the web site updated in a few days. There are a few more instructors who have signed on. Shirley and I are still planning to be on Maui from Thurs AM through Monday AM.
Aloha,
-Konabob

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass
Go to Top of Page

jmk
Lokahi

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2005 :  7:56:05 PM  Show Profile
My room-mate of last year may not be able to attend George's workshop and it is starting to look like I may need a female room-mate to share expense at The Mauian. Just putting this message out there in case there is anyone interested in discussing the possiblilty (email me); also share the car if the timing works out.

Aloha

Nahenahe
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2005 :  10:15:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Maggie et al.....
I will be going to Maui on the 26th on the ferry. It turns out I misinterpreted the dates on the AMC website, thinking that they were like hotel dates. So please count me in for a kanikapila there on Sunday night. Actually, there will probably be at least one more from AMC.
Look forward to seeing everyone else and meeting "the Kahumoku clan"
mahalo!
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2005 :  9:21:42 PM  Show Profile
Mista 50-50 checkin in.
I love George's and Nancy's, but would love to try Keola's someday...

I'll be checkin in with KB and whoeva...
I feel twisted on this...
back from Phoenix Monday...great music trip with Chuck...but those early morning services are heck afta a night gig...next year we stay in Cave Creek...no Scottsdale sunrise service please...I'm tired!

Anyway, Karen's new job will probably not allow a June trip...
The un-employed have all the fun--not really. We're greatful for all da good things...trips and jobs alike. But miss gettin to drop in on our Hawaiian friends more often.
Maybe I should hire Karen on as road manager.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000