Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 tab for aloha `oe
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2004 :  9:12:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi all,

i had a few requests for some tab of my version of aloha `oe, so i finally wrote it down. i'm new to TablEdit and so neeed to dig into the documentation to see how to make the font smaller. and, i play it differently each time. given these caveats, if you're interested in the tab please send me a note (preferably Bb )

aloha,
keith

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2004 :  06:13:00 AM  Show Profile
"File" - "Options..." - Fonts tab.

I'm interested in the tab but all I have are b-naturals.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2004 :  07:58:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi all, in a flash of brilliance i remembered this WWW thingee. so, it's now at http://www.cse.ucsd.edu/users/marzullo/AlohaOe.pdf (tab) and http://www.cse.ucsd.edu/users/marzullo/AlohaOe.MID (cheesy MIDI).

aloha, keith
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2004 :  1:32:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Keith; I meant to ask you for this on Sunday.
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2004 :  4:01:23 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo Keith!

Looks like taroparch tuning, yeah?

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2004 :  05:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi dusty, yup, it's taropatch. still learning this TablEdit stuff.

aloha, keith
Go to Top of Page

juspress
Aloha

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  10:11:54 PM  Show Profile  Send juspress a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Keith, I have enjoyed learning Aloha 'oe from a tab I got with Ozzie's name on it. But I would like to ask you how you are doing with Ku'u lei awapui? Did you find tab or are you interpolating it by ear? Please share if you have a resource. Mahalo, Steve
ps I was lucky to catch the show at the Ritz, last nicht---Cyrl
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  06:15:10 AM  Show Profile
Aloha!
This tab download was great! Wonder how we can do that w/ Kui's stuff.
mahalo,
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2004 :  08:46:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hey steve! it was great seeing you yesterday at waihe`e! i wish we could've stayed longer.

on ku`u lei awapuhi, i came up with it myself, so it's pretty easy. i tabbed it up for a friend, so if you'd like to look at it: http://www.cse.ucsd.edu/users/marzullo/kuuleiawapuhi.pdf. this is just the bare bones; each time i play it differently.

aloha, keith

Edited by - marzullo on 11/29/2004 08:48:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2004 :  7:13:56 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Keith,
Nice to have you back. And thanks for putting the tabs up for all of us. I'm printing them out for the day I can play.
I am looking at some Christmas songs and wondered if you transcribe from published music, and if they are in something like the key of C, would you change it to key of G and then write in Taropatch? I like to sing when I play, and of course have had family requests and begged off 'til next year. And if you were keeping the key of C, is there a particular tuning you would use, or see what one has the easiest fingering for the left hand? Please tell Rik, that I'm not taking time away from practicing, my fingers need a break. And yes, I'm almost there with the first song. I can play it through, but not perfectly yet.
Look forward to seeing you soon. When will you be back from Big I'lan'? And are you doing a gig this month at E-street Cafe?
Mahalo nui loa -
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  1:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
aloha e nancy,

i've worked up a few Christmas songs in taro patch. i can transcribe from C to G no problem, but coming up with a song in taropatch is more than transcribing (at least, for me ). you said that you like "away in a manger"; i can try to work up something up, it doesn't look too hard. i put the chords below (it's most popular in D) in case anyone else wants to play with it.

(hum - looks like this software removes multiple spaces, so the chords aren't over where the changes occur ) (Tried to fix it but maybe Keith needs to edit this again? -Admin) Aha! i didn' t know about code environments, thanks!

aloha, keith

G
Away in a manger
   C          G
no crib for a bed
    D7
The little Lord Jesus
     C             G
lay down his sweet head
G
The stars in the sky
     C             G
look down where he lay
    D7          G
The little Lord Jesus
Am        D7  G
asleep on the hay

Edited by - marzullo on 12/01/2004 04:48:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  2:22:08 PM  Show Profile
MMmm thanks!
I thought since the music was written in G, that it would be simple to play in Taropatch, and to come up with a tab. A simple tab, not one like your usual gorgeously embellished ones. I think I'll try the first few measures and see what comes out. And I guess I'd better play it in a few keys to see what I can sing before I try all the transposing. I think I sing a bit higher than some others. But I couldn't make chorus in grammer school either.
Mahalo!

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  7:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
okay, i pulled together something pretty fast: http://www.cse.ucsd.edu/users/marzullo/AwayInAManger.pdf and http://www.cse.ucsd.edu/users/marzullo/AwayInAManger.MID. it should be easy to learn and not a bad place to start building a new arrangement.

aloha,
keith
Go to Top of Page

sbar15
Lokahi

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  12:53:07 AM  Show Profile
Keith,

Thanks for posting the tabs you are great much Aloha.

Steve

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  03:59:49 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo!!
As busy as you are, you are muy simpatico... have to learn more Hawai'ian - can it say how special you are?
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

juspress
Aloha

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  09:26:03 AM  Show Profile  Send juspress a Yahoo! Message
Mahaol nui loa Keith for the Tab. And Yes it was good to see you and meet your wife at the Jam sunday. Aloha
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000