Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Bread Run ( something new.)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  01:28:20 AM  Show Profile
Aloha, Bread Runners.

This pass saturday ( the 20 ) it was slack key week at the maui mall. All the artist sounded great! We had two guest that came from molokai to play in this event. Kili Mawae and Norman DeCosta they were the winners of the slack key contest held in maunaloa.

We spent a lot of time together talking story and a little kanikapila on the side. They gave me a box that had some molokai bread inside, boy, I had some flash back of the AMC. Did'nt look inside until i got home, ( sorry kawika.) yup had it with cocoa. When i took out the first loaf, I noticed there was another bread that i was not familiar with.

So the next day i asked my friend norman, what kind of bread was in the box? then his wife said, "cinnamon pullaputt" they said it's a new bread that came out almost a year now. So i said cinnamon pull - what? she said pullaputt, then i caught on! she meant, cinnamon pull a part, you can break of the bread by piece and eat them, it has cinnamon all over, after eating one, I almost forgot my last name!

They said you need to order it in the day time, and when they bake the bread at night they'll make the cinnamon pull a part order for you. By 7am the cinnamon pull a part is all gone, so for the bread runners, we have another misson, and that is to conquer the "cinnamon pullaputt"

Bring on the Butter and Cocoa!
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  05:19:13 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Kevin!
An old-time name for that is monkey bread. It's a yeast bread and truly ono ono. And I haven't seen it for years -cinnabun and sticky bun aren't even in the same league.
I am SO jealous of all my friends heading for the warm trade winds and warm water. It's gorgeous here and Cold!!
So Keith, what's become of our T-shirt??
All you folks enjoy your ohana tomorrow!!
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  07:27:26 AM  Show Profile
ohanabrown sez:
quote:
we have another misson, and that is to conquer the "cinnamon pullaputt"

Sounds like a good title for a song, Kevin.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  10:18:02 AM  Show Profile
Dusty,

I already wrote one called "Bread Run". We'll have to see if "Cinnamon Pullaputt" is worthy of one. Of course, if Kevin is leading us, it probably will be.

Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000