Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Herb Ohta Jr and Patrick Landeza Holiday Shows!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  1:13:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Aloha All!

Just wanted to pass the word to you about my annual Holiday shows and thank goodness I have company this year! Herb is with me and should be great shows. We will be joined by steel guitar legend Bobby Black (recently inducted to the steel guitar hall of fame) in San Leandro and Berkeley (possibly Henflings as well)..TWO OF OUR OWN TAROPATCHERS WILL BE OPENING SHOWS! BOTH IN MY TUESDAY NIGHT ADVANCED CLASS, FRAN GUIDRY TO OPEN FREIGHT SHOW AND DAVE NYE TO OPEN HENFLINGS SHOW!!! Hope to see you all there! Also I will be on NPR's West Coast Live Saturday Dec 4 at 10am. So if you get it in your town, tune in! www.wcl.org

Henflings
December 8, 2004
9450 Hwy 9 Ben Lomand, Ca
8pm show
Tickets: $10/adv $12/door
Info: 831.336.8811
www.henfings.com

San Leandro Library
December 9, 2004
300 Estudillo Ave San Leandro Ca
7:30pm show doors open at 7pm
Tickets $10
Additional in call 510.452.4266

UC Stanislaus – Synder Hall
December 10, 2004
801 W Monte Vista Ave, Turlock Ca
7pm show
Tickets $12/adv $15/door
Ticket info: 209.667.3378

Freight and Salvage Coffeehouse
December 12, 2004

1111 Addison Street Berkeley, CA
8pm show
Tickets $16.50
Info line (510) 548-1761
www.thefreight.org
Borders Books and Music

December 15, 2004

2339 Fair Oaks Blvd Sacramento, Ca
7pm
info 916.564.0168

Patrick
www.patricklandeza.com

Edited by - hwnslacker on 12/02/2004 06:42:47 AM

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  06:45:26 AM  Show Profile
Patrick,

Thank you for the honor of opening the Henfling show. We're gonna have some fun.

Dave Nye
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  07:39:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
It will be AWESOME!! Looking forward to hearing you guys on stage instead of the classroom!!!

Patrick

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  10:46:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi, guys! So cool! I'm sorry I can't be there to see you. Hey, Patrick - I checked the website for West Coast Live, and there are 2 stations that do a live stream of the show over the internet, so it is still possible to hear you if there is no nearby station (yippie!) The links are listed on the affiliates page.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  11:30:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Awesome Debbie!

Trying to get back out there..we should talk!

Patrick

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  1:07:11 PM  Show Profile
Way to go Dave and Fran. We Southerners are pulling for you.
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2004 :  09:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Thanks, Patrick, for sharing your stage with us. It will certainly be an honor. Both my fans are really excited about the upcoming show, and I didn't have to pay them much to say that.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2004 :  03:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
HA! Too funny Fran! Both of you will do GREAT!

Patrick

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2004 :  08:53:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
So, Mr. Dog, how was it last night at Henflings? I'm sure you had the ladies swooning in the aisles, but what did their boyfriends have to say about that? Which of your many lovely guitars got the honor of accompanying you?

Fran

Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2004 :  10:58:13 AM  Show Profile
I could hear the screaming fans all the way down in Valley Center.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2004 :  9:56:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Well I'm sitting here with a great big grin on my face. I just got back from the San Leandro Library show and it was totally a blast. Hula dancers, raffles, teri chicken, Herb Jr. and Bobby Black and Patrick, how good can life get???? Great show, Patrick. Lots of luck in Turlock tomorrow.

Fran

PS: Patrick reports that Dave the Dog did a fine job at Henflings, had the crowd in the palm of his hand.

Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  08:50:18 AM  Show Profile
Fran,

Just got back from Seattle. Had to take a course to keep my Dental license up to date. I did get a chance to get to Dusty Strings just before it closed last night.

Henflings was a blast. Mr Taylor was my GOC. It does well in Atta's C and the electronics are better suited for house PA. I played Me Ke Aloha Ku`u Home O Kahalu`u and O Little Town Of Bethlehem. Instead of opening, I played between Herb and Patrick. Nobody swooned, but they were close.

Once again, Mahalo Patrick and Herb for letting me share the same stage. BTW Herb was awesome, as was Patrick. as was Steve.

Hope I can make it to the Freight tomorrow.

Mahalo nui,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  09:42:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
So cool, Dave. Steven is seriously on bass, isn't he? On Thursday Herb pulled out a little chord sheet for "Europa" and asked Steven if he could do it. It was fun to watch Strauss hum and nod as he read through the changes, and say OK. Herb called him up for his last solo number and the two of them rocked the house! Sold a lot of Herb's new CD too, everybody wanted the one with "that" song on it.

Steven had his buddy Billy Wilson come along to add a little roadhouse guitar to Patrick's honky tonk number, a Dennis Kamakahi song that sounds like Buck Owens might have done it. Billy brought a yummy little tweed Fender Champ with the leather strap handle and chicken head knobs on top, and a guitar that looked like a late 50s Les Paul Custom, black with all the gold plating worn off the pickups and bridge, white binding aged to deep cream - oooooooowwwheeee. His rig almost gave this former electric guitar nut a heart attack. Billy got a big hand for his Bakersfield style solo.

The guys were talking about your sound at Henflings. They said your Taylor sounded totally awesome, so I'd guess you made the right choice of guitar. Glad it was fun for you!

See ya,
Fran

Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  09:48:23 AM  Show Profile
Way to go, Dr. Dave!! You can never go wrong with a Taylor.
I know somone down here, in San Diego, that has a great Koa Taylor for sale. Eh, Terry.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2004 :  07:19:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Yeah Dave Great job! Wonderful choice of songs! The Taylor sounded great as well!

Aloha!

Patrick

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2004 :  08:32:20 AM  Show Profile
Patrick, did you get my email dude?
-slkho