Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Hau'oli la Hanau Auntie Maria
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  09:17:55 AM  Show Profile
Just heard (on Auntie's show on www.kkcr.org) that Sunday is Auntie's birthday! (btw - great phone call with Auntie Genoa!)

Want to wish you hau'oli la hanau, and mahalo nui loa for your website, your show, your contributions to the Hawaiian music community, your posts here, and the aloha that shines through in everything you do.

Puna

Puna

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  11:29:18 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo nui loa! Yep...60 on Sunday. I'm now living that old adage (and ohhhhhhh how I wish I'd followed it earlier!):
If I'd known I was gonna live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

As for Aunty Genoa, that phone call took me totally by surprise (as I'm sure the listeners could tell) -- an then to have her and Eric sing "Happy Birthday" to me...well, it just doesn't get much better than that!

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  12:51:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Ditto from the mainland! Auntie Maria is a help to all of us with her website, concert calendar and comments here and at every other Hawaiian website on the net!
Mahalo, Auntie.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

kahealani
Akahai

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  2:53:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit kahealani's Homepage
Yeah she is! Event adverisement wouldn't be possible without Aunty Maria!
Happy Birthday!!

Brittni Paiva
www.brittnipaiva.com
www.myspace.com/brittnipaiva
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  4:09:49 PM  Show Profile
Happy BD from Cleveland, OH where it's snowing! Have a great day and a wonderful year and thanks for your efforts and aloha.

Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2004 :  06:37:09 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Auntie from Valley Center (CA) where it's sunny and 80 degrees.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2004 :  8:01:54 PM  Show Profile
Hau'oli la hanau, dear friend! 60! Gosh, I would have thought it was 39. But I'm not far behind you...

Hope you are happy and busy as a bee over there on Kauai. We truly miss you here in the Santa Cruz area, and wish we were there to celebrate with you. And if it weren't for you and your website, I'd be missing most of the Hawaiian musicians touring through here. Plus my CD collection would be very meager.

Hugs and plenny aloha, and also a Mele Kalikimaka,

Julie (and sidekick Larry)

Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  07:41:54 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo nui loa for all of the wonderful birthday greetings here -- and to those of you too hilahila to post, who emailed me directly.

Now that yet another decade of my life has been marked in passing, I again count my blessings...many of which have been brought to me because of Hawaiian music. Joy!

Sending seasons greetings and warm tradewinds to you all, from this garden island of Kaua`i!

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000