Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Aloha Camp's Winter Whale Camp!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2004 :  2:58:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
As an early Christmas present to all of the folks who can't decide which camp to attend next summer -- why not do both?

We are still working on the details, but the Beamer `ohana will present a full week-long Aloha Music Camp at Kaupoa Beach on Moloka`i in February 2006. Come watch the humpback mothers and babies cavort just off shore while you study guitar, hula and more. The weather will be balmy, the hills green, and the company can't be beat.

You read it here first!

Also, our '05 Camp Store is up and running at http://www.cafepress.com/alohacampstore. Come by and pick up a T shirt, mug or other groovy item featuring Maile Ka`ai's whimsical drawing of a very sleepy Mistah Beamah.

Mele Kalikimaka, y'all.

Mark

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2004 :  6:48:04 PM  Show Profile
Mele Kalikimaka!
Yay t-shirts w/ new design...!
Whales in Santa Monica bay last week while practicing ki ho'alu at the beach in 80 degree weather.....
Need to save more money or rob a bank for more camp.
mahalo for all your work!!
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  11:13:43 AM  Show Profile
Whoa - take a break from the Midwest while it's cold and snowy rather than waiting till it's warm and sunny? Works for me! Does this represent a date shift or will there be 2 camps - summer session and winter session?

Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  6:13:02 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by islandboo

Does this represent a date shift or will there be 2 camps - summer session and winter session?

And if it's a shift, I sure hope you're talking about the 2nd half of February---if it conflicts with RainyCamp I'll have to have an exceedingly unbecoming snit!

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  06:50:42 AM  Show Profile
What's RainyCamp?
Auntie -

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  09:03:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
The Winter Whale Camp will be in addition to our usual Aloha Music Camp scheduled for the third week in June, '06.

So you'll have two opportunities each year -- good news for all of our freinds who are in the summer activities biz as well as those of us who need a break from winter.

cheers,

m
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  5:10:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Aloha Mark!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for adding a second AMC opportunity! Totally brilliant idea! Now I can do both in one year's time, vs. having to wait another whole year later. Will need to rob banks with Auntie Nancy!

Maggie
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  9:31:17 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Nancy

What's RainyCamp?
Auntie -

'Tis our local (Seattle area) folksinging weekend, usually the 1st weekend in February. Wanna come?

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  01:03:49 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like fun! Let me know the details -
What tuning do you use???? Something I might actually be able to play?
I actually have a nephew and old roommates up there!
And it'd sure be fun to meet other TP folks!
thx -
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  8:15:54 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Sounds like fun! Let me know the details -

I'll email you the gory details :-)

quote:
What tuning do you use???? Something I might actually be able to play?

Personally, I generally play my acapella (except for Hawaiian songs, then mainly taro or drop C)

quote:
I actually have a nephew and old roommates up there!
And it'd sure be fun to meet other TP folks!
thx -
n

Contact info in email---anybody else interested, holler :-)

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  9:15:30 PM  Show Profile
Mark, any new developments? I have my pen perched over my checkbook, and I'm very excited to think that I might see Molokai after all....
Aloha ahiahi kakou, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  11:58:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
quote:
Mark, any new developments? I have my pen perched over my checkbook, and I'm very excited to think that I might see Molokai after all....

We won't be announcing staff, etc. for a while yet. But we do have the dates blocked out: Feb 5 - 11, 2006 (that's Sunday - Saturday). It'll be a full week-long Aloha Music Camp, with the Beamer 'ohana & instruction in slack key guitar, hula, `ukulele, language, talk story... and of course the fabulous student concert. (It's also Keola's Birthday, but no presents, OK?)

Costs will be the same as the June camp - starting at $1600 per person.

Whales are a certainty.

So Julie, you will be able to come to Molokai after all. As will a number of our friends who cannot get away in the summer. And anyone who wants to experience an immersion into the music and culture of Hawai`i while staying on a secluded beach in thre tropics -- while the snow is flying around back home.

We'll be posting registration info on the website later in the year, and look for a reminder in your mailbox next Spring if you are own our mailing list.

A hui hou!

Mark

Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  7:03:09 PM  Show Profile
Can't we have it this year? It's way too cold in SoCal right now! Are the whales mainly humpbacks or are there others? Way too exciting! Where are Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid when you need them? Maggie and I need help... and then I get to meet Julie!! Hey Neej- this should work for you shouldn't it? I hope it will!!
auntie -

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  9:12:53 PM  Show Profile
quote:

......Hey Neej- this should work for you shouldn't it? I hope it will!!
auntie -

Arrrrghhhh!!!!!!! RainyCamp is (nearly) always 1st weekend in Feb. I may have to try bribing folks to sub for me, but as I'm the registrar, setter-upper of camp, placer of road signs, bringer-of-most-supplies, and general answerer of questions [sound familiar, Mark?], that could be a bit of a problem

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  04:37:14 AM  Show Profile
Aloha neej =
Maybe you're important enough to change the date?

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000