Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 S.D.S.K.S. Kanikapila
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  06:33:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi All, this past weekend was a wonderful Kanikapila at brudda Ken's house down here in San Diego. Many of the San Diego Slack Key Society members attended.

Our many thanks to Ken for opening up his home, and hosting yet another good time.

Present were (Chunky Monkey) Terry, and his wife Mary, Bill & Vicki, Dusty & Sheila, Bruce & Paloma, Auntie Nancy, Pete from Riverside, Craig (CPatch) with his cute little daughter Rachel, me & Mrs. Slkho, Bob (tucson bob) & Barbra all the way from Tucson, Keith & Suzie, (love your cookies Suzie, I brought them with me on my hike the next day...sorry Zoom, no cookies for you).
There was lots and lots of good food, as well as, 8-9 selections of Ken's home brewed beer, (real ono...yumm)
Ken also gave many of guests a grand tour of his huge house, (which I'm informed, he built himself)
I took a bunch of photos, and with CPatch's help, plan to post them on the TP for all to see.

After the kanikapila, Dusty & I went to one of Mrs. Slkho's Ukulele kanikapila's and did dueling slack key mele's for everyone, (derr, derr, derr-derr derr derr-derr, da da-da da-dum) Good fun to be sure.
Unfortunately Don & Linda could not make it, but contributed two large trays of tasty lasagna. Don got sick but is feeling alot better, and eager to attend the next function and show us his new passion of steel guitar.

Once again, plenty mahalo's to brudda Ken for hosting another great time.
Looking forward to meeting some of you TPer's from L.A. at Patrick's workshops in Whittier.
pau,
-slkho

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  07:34:38 AM  Show Profile
Like Rik (and Auntie Nancy in another thread) said the event was an EVENT! I even found a local source for some Hula O Maui sparkling pineapple wine from Ulupalakua (we can't call it champagne ) to augment Ken's wonderful Beer.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000