Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 Bill Neubauer CD now available
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bill Neubauer
Aloha

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2004 :  01:42:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Neubauer's Homepage
Aloha, Taro Patchers! Hope everyone had a Mele Kalikimaka. Although a little bit late for the gift-buying season, I now have a CD available, my first ever-recording after 30 years of playing. The CD is titled "Sweet And Sacred-A Fragrant Offering". Along with 3 originals, most of the tracks are well-known old hymns that I've arranged for Slack Key guitar. Though not exactly Hawaiian, the sound is not exactly not Hawaiian either. You can hear some of the selections at www.cdbaby.com/neubauer. If you like what you hear, you'll save money by sending a check or money order for $15 directly to me at; 81 Nichter Road, Lancaster, NY 14086 (cdbaby is charging $14.99 + $2.25 S&H, whereas I'll absorb the S&H cost). I hope you enjoy it. Sometime during 2005, I expect to have a Tab book for sale to accompany the CD. Hope you enjoy the CD, and hope everyone has a happy, blessed, and prosperous New Year!
Bill

Kika Pila

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2004 :  4:32:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Bill,

Congrats! Seems like only yesterday that you, Chris and I were sitting at AMC #1 picking away. Hey, I'm the only one without a CD!

Way to go! I wish you continued success!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2004 :  06:28:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
The correct link (without the period) is:

http://www.cdbaby.com/neubauer

It sounds good Bill...I'll be ordering a copy!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  2:58:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
I rec'd my copy a couple of days ago and it hasn't left my cd player since.

Great job, Bill. This is one of the most enjoyable "mainland slack" recordings I've heard yet. Soulful, heartfelt, well played, interesting and inventive arrangements ... and a great blend of styles. Very cool interplay between slack key, some folkie licks, a little bit of harmonic fun here and there... and extremely tasty harmonic playing!

The music is mostly traditional Christian hymns like "The Old Rugged Cross" and "Abide with Me" - some quite familiar, some less so. All lend themselves wonderfully to Bill's sensitive guitar playing. He manages to infuse a delightful Island vibe to the music that only adds to the charm.

Regardles of your religious persusion, you are sure to hear many familiar melodies -- slack key and the Hawaiian musical traditions draw from the same well. Bill's originals more than hold their own among the classic material and I suspect a few may enter the basic repertoire once Bill completes the TAB book.

The sweet jangling sound of the needle trick on "Amazing Grace," the final cut, is but one of many delicious moments on a thoroughly enjoyable CD.

Let me say that any of the TaroPatch `ohana who want to hear first rate guitar playing & beautiful solo arrangements ought to pick this CD up.

Oh, & Dr. Dave was so kind as to remind me that he'd done the pre-mastering. That means he slobbered on the audio in true Slack Dog fashion. Seriously -- I can hear the results of a gifted hand. If anyone wonders why you should have a professional involved in your recording, listen to this disc.

cheers,

Mark

(I didn't have the CD with me yesterday when I first posted the review. I've added some titles and expanded a bit today: 1/7/05)

Edited by - Mark on 01/07/2005 08:45:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  7:17:13 PM  Show Profile
Mark,

Thank you for the kind words, but the credit should be given to Pila. He provided the music and made my job easy.

Dave, Slack Dog, Big Dog, `Ilio Nui, Kawika. Watevaz
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  07:00:34 AM  Show Profile
Sounds great.

DO you have TAB for your arrangements? I would love to be able to play some in church. The other two guitarists (in church) are stuck in tight key and capos.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2005 :  10:55:29 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Bill! I just got my copy of your new CD in the mail and -- wow. I'd say I was transported to the islands but since I'm already here I'll say it transported me to heaven. Great job. You've got the touch!

Best to you and Erica

Duke
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000