Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Report on PNW Hawaiian Music Institute
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2005 :  7:13:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Hey Gregg!
It takes some big coconuts to get up and sing Keali'i's version of "Ipo Lei Momi" in front of the whole gang at open mike night! It's a tongue twister. Great job!
Hope to play ukes with you again.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2005 :  11:06:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message
Aloha no kakou,

I want to thank all my students for their performances at the PNW Music Institute and for their dedication to both practicing and for their creativity in my songwriting classes.

It's not at all easy to fit a two day curriculum to cover all that we want to teach versus a one week slack key camp, nevertheless, to all those who participated in this PNW Music Institute a heartfelt mahalo.

The next time we all meet again, I know you all will be more proficient and confident players and songwriters.

Thank all of you for letting me touch your musical lives.

Aloha pumehana,
Dennis Kamakahi

P.S. - I would also like to thank Seattle for the snow that David and I were delighted in and Bobby's Hawaiian Restaurant in Everett for their onolicious food.....
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2005 :  6:39:53 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Uncle Dennis et al,
OK, I gotta come clean. You were very lucky not to start your workshop tour here in SoCal because the weekend you were in Seattle, you would have been washed off the freeway here. Until this last weekend, we haven't had a decent weather weekend since before Christmas. And for those of you who love rain, clearly you don't have a garden that needs weeding.
I loved your performance and hope that someday I will learn enough to take one of your classes.
aloha -
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  08:43:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message
Aloha Aunty Nancy,

I couldn't believe the weather in L.A. when we got there. Blue skies and upper 70's compared to the rain and flooding just a week earlier. Got a chance to thaw out from the damp cold around the Bay Area. Caught a bad cold there. Anyways, we're back in Hawaii trying to fully recuperate.

Malama pono,
Uncle Dennis
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  08:50:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Mahalo nui loa, Uncle Dennis,
We loved your presentation and gentle teaching at the Seattle workshop. We learned a lot in class, but also just talking story with you, David and Herb.
We hope you come back again.
Jesse Tinsley

Go to Top of Page

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2005 :  11:32:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
Aloha kakou,

Just read Gregg (Retro)'s writeup on the HMI in the February edition of the Northwest Hawai`i Times. Nicely written article brah!

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

There's no regrets; only good times.
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2005 :  8:39:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
AWESOME!!

Can someone send me a paper! Finally trying to recover from a wonderful two weeks!

Aloha!

Patrick

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2005 :  05:28:57 AM  Show Profile
When's the next one, and how good do I have to get to be able to take Uncle Dennis' class?
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2005 :  6:48:36 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo, Uncle Dennis. Sorry we couldn't make it to the workshops but we will be on Maui in June for the Kahumoku Kamp. See you then.

Dusty

Edited by - wdf on 01/29/2005 6:50:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2005 :  2:59:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Dear Uncle Dennis, David, Herb, and Patrick:

Mahalo for graciously sharing your talents and wonderful stories to all of us at the PNW workshops. I will certainly be awaiting your return up here in August for more! (I'll also be at George Kahumoku's workshop in June, so we'll see some of you there!).

Malama pono,
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2005 :  11:01:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by hwnslacker

AWESOME!!

Can someone send me a paper! Finally trying to recover from a wonderful two weeks!

Aloha!

Patrick

I'll pop one in the mail.

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

There's no regrets; only good times.
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  06:51:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Mahalo!!! Chris!!

Patrick

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

Susie Kagami
Akahai

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2005 :  1:09:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susie Kagami's Homepage
Aloha!

Just wanted to post some photos from the institute! Mahalo for all those who sent in photos to us!
http://instituteofhawaiianmusic.fotopic.net/c428748.html

It was such good fun!!! Mahalo to all of you who made that weekend so special! We had such a great time and can't wait to be back in August!

Susie
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2005 :  7:16:34 PM  Show Profile
mahalo nui Susie---they bring it all back (sigh.....)

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2005 :  7:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Thanks for the great photos and memories! Can't wait to see you in August!

Maggie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000