Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Portland Institute of Hawaiian Music???
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  12:55:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Aloha All!!

Just sitting down and planning this year's Institutes. Should have them all posted by the end of the month. Once again I ask for your advice especially for those of you that reside around Portland. Is there interest for an Institute? Seattle, you have nothing to worry about, we'll be back in August.

I am looking at June 2005..feedback?? While I'm at it, are there any other cities? Speak NOW! Islandboo, trying to head back to your area by the end of the year!

Aloha!

Patrick
www.patricklandeza.com

Stringbreaker
Akahai

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  1:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stringbreaker's Homepage
Aloha!

Here is one vote in favor, but one alone isn't going to make it, I'm sure. But I am a Portland based player and would be more than happy to attend. Please let me know if enough others reply to make it happen.

Stringbreaker

Crazy Man Tuning
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  2:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Hey Patrick -

I've done workshops in both Portland and Corvallis (about 45 minutes south) that were quite well attended. And Mark Hanson & I did a couple about a year ago in Portland with great attendence. Plus there's the PUA - Portland `Ukulele Association.

So you should do real good. I'll be happy to share my mailing list. Of course, if ya do it when I can't come I'll be mad and go mope in the corner.

cheers,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  2:39:18 PM  Show Profile
Plus some of us from Seattle might sneak down and go to the PHMI

Puna

Puna
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  5:44:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Someone from Idaho might show up, too.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

Stringbreaker
Akahai

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  07:17:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stringbreaker's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mark

Of course, if ya do it when I can't come I'll be mad and go mope in the corner.

cheers,

Mark

No need for mopery on the high seas!
It is sounding better and better for this happening. I did attend the one workshop you did last year and that was good times as well. Maybe this time I can bring my 12 instead of the 6.

Stringbreaker

Crazy Man Tuning
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  7:26:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Patrick...I will go to the ends of the earth for a workshop!!! Portland is so much closer than Seattle for us Eugene folk. It would be awesome. You might want to consider your dates to perhaps not conflict with any of the music camps, if that will have any bearing on the numbers who may attend (maybe not). In early June, there's the Portland Rose Festival too, but again, I don't think that would effect anything except for traffic headaches (depending on where you'll be holding the institute). Lots of graduations, weddings, honeymoons, people leaving town, etc., etc....all factors to consider in June. It's a heavy event month. Any chance for early July? Any chance you guys can make a pit stop in Eugene on your way to Portland (hey, I'll keep trying!)?

Say, when is that baby popping out (or has it)?

A hui hou,
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Douglas23d
Aloha

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  09:17:54 AM  Show Profile
Another two-cents in for a Portland stop. If Mark is talking about the class held with Mark Hanson, a year ago in November, it was a great turnout! I didn't realize Portland had that many devoted fans.

I agree with the June activity comments, but I'd probably be able to make those comments about any summer months around here. When that sun starts a'shining, I'm wearin' shorts at forty degrees. Can't take the "Island" out of the boy.

Bring it on, Patrick!!

Doug
Perpetuate the Music of Your Culture, for in the Music, the Story is told.
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2005 :  12:49:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Aloha All!

Sorry for the late response! Our second child was born last Thursday, Feb 10! It's been EXCITING!!! (and CRAZY!! at the same time!

Portland Institute will happen...I would like early June but will figure out! Please continue to post for ideas and feedback!

Aloha!

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2005 :  2:26:57 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Patrick!!! Another mouth to feed so it will grow up to sing and bring joy to your ohana
Love
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2005 :  3:02:58 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Patrick!!
Here's the other half of the Rainsong

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2005 :  6:19:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Thanks aunty Nancy!

lol! Dusty...I remember that!

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

rhnelson
Aloha

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  4:39:40 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hwnslacker

Portland Institute will happen...I would like early June but will figure out! Please continue to post for ideas and feedback!

Aloha!

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com

I seem to remember this was going to be June 5th, but I can't find that post. Has a date been set?

Rick
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  01:06:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Hey Patrick!

What about June 11-12th? Also, which weekend is the Seattle Institute confirmed for?

Maggie
Go to Top of Page

rhnelson
Aloha

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  10:21:32 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MahinaM

Hey Patrick!

What about June 11-12th?

Either of those weekends are right in the middle of the Portland Rose Festival. Means lots of other things to do, but may be difficult to find accomodations.

Rick
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000