Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 12th Annual 'Ukulele Festival of Northern CA
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pulelehua
Akahai

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2005 :  12:56:14 PM  Show Profile
Founded by Hollis Baker and John Ogao, the Festival will be held this Sunday, April 24th, at the Hayward Adult School located at 22100 Princeton Street, Hayward, CA. You will enjoy 23 non-stop acts of 'ukulele performers and 'ukulele class groups. Music performances start at 11:00 AM.

It's the best fun and atmosphere for only a $5 donation! Plus you can shop for 'ukuleles, Hawaiian food, and arts & crafts and also be eligible for door prizes! Vendors open at 10:00 AM and the auditorium doors open at 10:30 AM.

http://www.pica-org.org/ukulele/uke2005flyer.pdf

Looking forward to seeing y'all there!

Pulelehua

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2005 :  2:28:05 PM  Show Profile
You might want to note that some the door prizes are significant:

Usually a CUSTOM Kamaka Uke (specially made for the show) is raffled off to one of the performers...

AND...

A round trip ticket (for two?) to Hawaii among many other prizes are given away AT THE END of the show (and you must be present to win).

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  7:08:58 PM  Show Profile
And look for Pulelehua to be performing with Hiram Bell's class - waht time you going up, me dear?
And catheglass to be performing with the Royal Hawaiian 'Ukulele Band at 1:00pm.
Soo you there! Let's have lunch......

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Pulelehua
Akahai

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  8:25:23 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Cathe,

We'll be on twice - at 11:45 AM and 1:45 PM. It looks like we'll be backstage during your set. Send me an email so we can figure out how to meet!

Pulelehua
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  7:58:26 PM  Show Profile
And our group is on at 11:30. Although, you never know precisely when you're on! (Hawai'i time and all that) Cathe, I need to see you re: workshop stuff, and I'm hoping to see my other friends there as well.
I have a short sentence where Im singing opera. Heehee. Any excuse to go to the Ukelele Festival!
Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  02:26:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Received this photo from Pulelehua...

"During his mainland tour, Kevin Brown visits the 12th Annual 'Ukulele
Festival of Northern CA and chats with fellow taropatchers."
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  05:38:29 AM  Show Profile
Who is standing between Pulelehua and Kevin?

Dusty

Edited by - wdf on 04/26/2005 10:56:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  08:06:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
Great turn out this year! Had a blast!

Steven
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  10:27:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Hey Dusty!

That's Saichi Kawahara. He is the organizer of the Kapalakiko Hawaiian Newsletter as well as Kapalakiko Hawaiian Band. An important figure in the Bay Area Hawaiian music scene..hope all is well!

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com

Edited by - hwnslacker on 04/25/2005 10:29:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  11:58:30 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Patrick - thought maybe you would sneak down to Carlsbad with the Browns (in their luggage ).

Mahalo.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000