Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Announcing "Slack Tracks"
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  08:06:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
Ever dream of playing with a great Hawaiian group backing you up? Tried to play from the Tab but can't get the rhythm, timing and picking pattern down, or want to learn a new song a much easier way?

Want to play for friends and family and sound like a million dollar pro?

Announcing "Slack Tracks"

Slack Tracks are backing tracks of great Hawaiian songs designed specifically for Slack Key, Uke and Steel players. Each song comes with a Tab, a lead guitar track to guide you in how the song can be played, a Backing track of the band without the lead guitar, and a "SLOW" tempo of the song without the lead guitar to assist in learning the song.

Now you can play with a full band of guitars, uke, bass and steel backing you up and sound like a million.

There are 4 songs on a CD, and there are 3 CD's for a total of 12 songs in this first issue.

Please e-mail ianuiconcerts @ hotmail.com for a list of songs on each CD and pricing information. Advance orders are being taken.

This is a first, never before have backing tracks been available of Hawaiian music, let alone Slack Key favorites.

Most mainlanders have not had the benefit of sitting on the front pourch listening to dad and uncles play slack key or Hawaiian music while we were growing up. We have not had the ability to "JAM" with a group. Slack Tracks not only gives you a group to play with but to "JAM" with. Practice as often as you want and gain the confidence to join the jam.

P.S.
Andy played Radio Hula using Slack Tracks, for our San Diego meeting last Sunday. It was a concert sounding event that had the group bouncing and smileing like crazy. It was pure enjoyment

Edited by - Ianui on 06/04/2005 5:31:08 PM

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  08:26:13 AM  Show Profile
That sounds like a great concept! I'd like to get the song titles and pricing info.

Mahalo,

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  08:36:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
quote:
sound like a million dollar pro?

I'd practice harder if I could make a million dollars playing slack key!
Just kidding! (I won't ever practice any harder)
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  09:15:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
"I'd practice harder if I could make a million dollars playing slack key"

Unfortunately Sounding like a Million Bucks is not the same as making a Million Bucks.

I would be very happy to sound that good.
Go to Top of Page

Bing
Lokahi

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  09:29:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bing's Homepage
When you're a kid you HAVE to practice. When you're an adult you GET to practice.

Bing
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  09:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Hey, if I can sound like 20 bucks can I get 50,000 people to pay me?

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  10:14:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by cpatch

Hey, if I can sound like 20 bucks can I get 50,000 people to pay me?

Craig using Slack Tracks you could cut the number required considerably. The tracks make anyone sound very good. You could take off the dark glasses, get rid of the white cane, no need to hide in the playing slack key closet any longer and play brother play.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  09:06:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
This is a great product idea. I thought about this concept before; but since I didn't tell anyone, I get no credit. I knew they had jam tracks for blues and other styles of music so I thought about recording my own backing tracks to songs but never found time to do it.

What is nice about Slack Tracks is that it's been recorded by professional musicians so the quality is top notch. It was a lot of fun playing with the Radio Hula recording. Showed me where I was transitioning too quickly or too slowly. These are the things you do not realize and do not matter as much when playing solo. Slack Tracks is a fun learning and practice tool for all of us playing solo in our livingrooms. Looking forward to trying out the entire series.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

slackkeymike
Lokahi

440 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  4:49:34 PM  Show Profile
OK, I'm in. Email sent.

Mike

Aloha, Mike
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  06:25:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Ditto for me. Ianui, did you get my email? I've been having problems lately, so just wanted to make sure you got it.

M
Go to Top of Page

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  06:44:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by MahinaM

Ditto for me. Ianui, did you get my email? I've been having problems lately, so just wanted to make sure you got it.
Yes e-mail received and I responded to both you and Mike. If not received please let me know.

Thank You all for kind remarks and interest in Slack Tracks.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  07:35:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I sent email but didn't receive a response...I haven't been getting any email from you lately Don for some reason. Try craig[AT]godcast.org

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  07:44:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Same thing with me, Don (and I also sent one to you yesterday too, Craig). You both can try: geomag @ att.net for the next week until I cut over to Comcast.

Mahalo,
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  08:18:57 AM  Show Profile
Me also!
Email sent.

Mika'ele

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  08:47:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mika ele

Me also!
Email sent.
I have responded to all that I have received e-mail from regarding Slack Tracks. If you have not received the information please post here. I'm having the local PC guru check out whats happening and why folks are not receiving my responses. So far he appears to be in a lotus position under the desk with the PC mumbleing something.

Craig, Maggie and others please check your e-mails and let me know if youhave the info

Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  10:12:21 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I'm not the only one who's computer is occasionally lolo??
don, I couldn't get through on Maggie's e-mail either so I'm sending you another one for her.
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000