Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Need String Recommendations
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VegasGeorge
Aloha

4 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  07:34:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone! I'm still struggling with the problem of finding suitable strings from my 8 string Kamaka tenor. I only want to use the low G tuning. I've been using Martin G tuning tenor strings, with a D'Addario 0.40 silver wound nylon string for the low G. But, Martin doesn't make them anymore. I'm now on my last set of Martins, and I'm starting to feel a little desperate.

Do you have any ideas that might help me?

Can you direct me to a source of individual strings that I can order by size/type, and make up my own "set?"

Many thanks for your help!

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  08:42:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Call Alternate Tunings (http://www.alternatetunings.com/) and discuss strings. He has a wide assortment including Ko`olau and Worth.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  10:34:19 AM  Show Profile
I bought Low G Tenor Worth strings from them a few weeks ago for my KoAloha. They are bright and easy to play -- very nice tone and didn't take too long to stretch in. No wound low G string so no squeek when sliding or changing chords. I now get a tone quality just slightly smaller than my nylon string guitar.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  12:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
Just my preference, I would go with Ko`olau Gold.

Steven
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000