Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Manhattan Beach Kani ka Pila - HapaKid!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  7:26:37 PM  Show Profile
Aloha all!!
Jesse Tinsley and family will be in town so anyone who's able to get here, please do!! True Hawai'ian style, we'll have kau kau. And more true Hawai'ian style, we will have keiki attending.
Please RSVP and I'll give you address, phone number and directions.
Aloha,
auntie

nancy cook

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  2:53:17 PM  Show Profile
Is it now official, Hapakid's coming for sure to your place? I thought he was doing the D'nsy-land thingee.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  4:50:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Hi Rik and Socal players,
My family and I will be flying out of LAX Saturday (April 2) evening (after four glorious days of Disney mania), and Auntie Nancy kindly extended an invitation to visit, so we'llspend a few hours at her place before we catch an 8:10 p.m. flight back to the Inland Northwest.
I would love to meet other Taropatchers if you're around. Time will be tight and my young sons may be cranky, but I would love to play some music.
Mahalo nui loa to Nancy.
Jesse Tinsley

Edited by - hapakid on 03/16/2005 4:52:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  2:09:23 PM  Show Profile
Aloha!
Come one, come all!!!
Folks will be from about 2 to 7 - come early, stay late - what eva'!!
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  7:12:57 PM  Show Profile
WOW!!
What shear joy it is to host a kani ka pila!!! We were lucky enough to have Jesse Tinsley, his wife Honey Jean and wildcats - er - Keiki Colby and Rogan in town. Rik Nieves came early and stayed late to help and brought coconut cake from King's Hawai'ian. It's so good to see Bill and Vicki Bensel again - yummy lemon bars. True to his word, Nick the Pilot came prepared with books, words, guitar, ukulele and how that boy can sing!!! He and Jesse are guite a pair!! Bill knows so much and is sure good at trouble shooting problems. And Jeff Watson came!! He just got back to the 'patch so watch for him. He's an interesting guy and plays an awesome steel guitar - first time I'd actuallly seen one up close. Hey, Rachel brought C-Patch up to see us too!! I always love seeing those two; what fun!! Doug had a busy schedule with keiki 1st birthday, but he made time for us too - oh his nahenahe songs!!! And some friends of mine from the neighborhood came by - more hapakids! Between Rik, Bill and Doug, they will have the daughter, also Rachel, playing slack key in the very near future. So we really did sit out and make music on the back porch. There were so many songs - most slack key, but some regular tuning, some old folk songs, songs of the West - Thanks all - it was a very special day for me.
And we know HapaKid - Jesse's coming back..... he left his sunglasses.
Auntie

nancy cook

Edited by - Auntie Nancy on 04/04/2005 4:17:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  11:22:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Thanks, Auntie Nancy! Much fun was had by all, especially me. I guess I don't need my sunglasses, because I'm back in cold, dark Idaho!
It was my treat to meet Bill, Doug, Rik, Nick, Jeff, Cpatch, Rachel, yourself and so many great folks from this forum and elsewhere. I got to hear Bill play "I Nehinei". Rik pulled out some sweet tunes from Ozzie's book. Jeff can make you cry with his matching set of tricone guitars. Nick knows more songs and sings louder than me, imagine that! Doug plays a nahenahe classical guitar with a large repertoire of beautiful songs. Cpatch claimed his couldn't play, then spent hours plinking on the piano!
I haven't gone wrong meeting anyone who frequents this place. You're all great!
Mahalo nui loa!
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  09:10:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Hey, I never claimed I couldn't play...just that I HADN'T played in months! And if you actually listened to me plinking on the piano (trying to memorize a piece Nick was teaching me), you would have realized I should have picked up a guitar. (Rachel memorized her part in 5 minutes, of course.)

It was great to finally meet you, and to hang with everyone else. Lots of talented musicians, great singing, good food, and fun times. Mahalo Nancy for hosting!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  2:52:40 PM  Show Profile
Good times. It was a pleasure to meet you Jesse, your wife, and keiki's. You play great, can't wait to hear your updated CD. Will look forward to your next visit for sure. Mahalo plenty to Auntie Nancy for opening up her beautiful home, not to mention all the great food. (wished I could of eaten the sweets, but i'm in trainning. :-( )
Your all so talented musically.... one day, one day.
-slkho

p.s. jesse, now you know what slkho means. ha.
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  6:54:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
I guess I knew what you meant, Cpatch, I just said it wrong. I have the TP.net CD set to prove you can work the taropatch, too.
Slkho, I kinda guessed what your nickname meant, I just wasn't sure if you did!
I hope I wasn't too much of a "song hog"--with only four hours of kanikapila, I wanted to sing every Hawaiian song I knew! I almost did it, too.
Thanks again, everybody...
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  7:07:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for posting so I could be there virtually.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  08:50:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
If I hadn't forgotten to bring my podcasting rig with me I would have audio to post. Next time.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  1:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Cpatch,
I wish you had been able to do some recording, although the group was a little ragged (except Bill B).
Can you post or email what your travelling recording rig is made up of? I lost track after you said I-River...
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  1:26:47 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jesse - Those sunglasses are too wide for me... and they're prescription - so I'll save them for you. Come back soon!!
We did have a lot going on - Rachel P got a piano lesson and Rachel K got a slack lesson! but the most memorable part to me was seeing you hula!
How much snow there now? Crystal clear and warm here - still shorts and barefoot.
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

SoCalHaole
Aloha

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  5:13:11 PM  Show Profile
Auntie!

Thanks again for having all of us over to your house. I would like to get down to all the shindigs in San Diego, but it is a little far. Let me know when you are ready to host us again!

P.S. Does anyone know when another kanikapila will happen in the valley...?

-Nick the Pilot

Edited by - SoCalHaole on 04/15/2005 5:14:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2005 :  05:10:47 AM  Show Profile
I'll be happy to host any time we can get a group together. The weekend of the 30th/1st is a possibility, or w/emds 15th/22nd... after that? Camp!!! Or is anyone interested in a Memeorial Day Bash?
aloha!!
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

SoCalHaole
Aloha

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  5:00:23 PM  Show Profile
Auntie!

Any of those dates sound good to me! Just let us know when, and I am sure we can get a group of people together.

And, if Rachel is up to it, maybe she can get her first ever hula lesson!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000