Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Jake Shimabukuro Signs With J. D'addario
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  5:30:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
UKULELE SENSATION JAKE SHIMABUKURO SIGNS WITH J. D’ADDARIO & CO., INC.

Jake Shimabukuro , the Hawaii-based ukulele innovator who is taking the instrument to new heights of popularity across all genres of music, has just signed with J. D’Addario & Co. Inc.. He is the first ukulele player signed with the music industry giant.

“I have been a D’Addario user for about six years now and I absolutely love the sound of their Pro Arte set on my ukulele!” said Shimabukuro. “D’Addario strings are so dynamic and expressive! You can pound away on them all you want and they’ll respond amazingly to anything you can dish out!”

Known for his lightning fast fingers and innovative style, Shimabukuro is already considered a master of the ukulele. While Jake has great respect and love for his roots in traditional Hawaiian ukulele music, his mission is to show everyone that the ukulele is capable of so much more.

In June of 2002, Jake became the first ukulele player from Hawaii to sign with Epic Records International, a division of Sony Music International. Jake has since released three CD’s as a leader, Sunday Morning (which earned him instrumental Album of the Year and Favorite Entertainer of the Year at the 2003 Na Hoku Hanohano Awards (Hawaii’s Grammy Awards), followed by Crosscurrent , and Walking Down Rainhill which features the track Rainbow , selected as the Honolulu Marathon theme song and as the television commercial theme for Hawaii Tourism Japan (HTJ). Walking Down Rainhill also reached the heights of the Billboard World Music Chart last year.

Jake has also had the opportunity to perform with and/or open for a wide ranging list of prominent artists, including Bela Fleck & The Flecktones, Bobby McFerrin, John Hiatt, Les Paul, Kaki King, Fiona Apple, Diana Krall, Jamie Cullum, Take 6, Mike Marshall & Darol Anger, Stanley Clarke, Blues Traveler, and Stephen Bishop.

“Jake is the first ukulele player on the D’Addario Artist roster and we are thrilled to have him,” announced Peter D’Addario, Artist Relations Manager at J. D’Addario & Co., Inc. “Jake’s talent and energy on stage are amazing, I have never seen anyone play the ukulele like him. We are looking forward to a long relationship with Jake.”

Shimabukuro is the latest addition to the D’Addario Artist roster which already boasts notable musicians Beck, Sheryl Crow, Ani DiFranco, Ben Harper, John Mayer, and Jeff Tweedy of Wilco.

A family owned and run business for generations, J. D'Addario & Company, Inc. is among the world’s leaders in manufacturing the finest strings products and music accessories.

Headquartered in Long Island, New York and occupying a total of 190,000-square feet with satellite offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, Australia, Japan, France, Hong Kong, and Canada; J. D’Addario & Co. employs more than 900 people and markets its products in the United States through wholesale distributors and at over 5,400 retail music stores. In addition, the export markets are handled by 120 distributors in 101 countries.

For more information on J. D’Addario & Co. please visit www.daddario.com.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000