Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Music/Tab in Oahu
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Keone
Akahai

50 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  06:08:51 AM  Show Profile
Aloha everyone,

I am (forunately )going to Oahu in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone knew of a good music store that carried music/tab for Slack Key. I'll primarily be in Oahu. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Mahalo.

Keone

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  06:29:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
You might try Harry's music in Kaimuki

Lee
Go to Top of Page

Keone
Akahai

50 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  06:55:12 AM  Show Profile
Harry's Music. Easy to remember. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Keone
Go to Top of Page

Fingerpickin
Lokahi

117 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  08:52:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fingerpickin's Homepage
Keone,

If you're looking for anyone to jam with while you're here, look me up. I am new to slack but know a few tunes....and my standard tuning repertoire is extensive.

I'm over on da windy side, Kailua town.

-Lance

"Hey Lance, try watch." -Ozzie
Go to Top of Page

Keone
Akahai

50 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  09:25:02 AM  Show Profile
Lance,

Thanks for the offer. I have some family obligations to attend to while I'm there so I don't think I'll be able to get together, but if anything changes I'll let you know. I love playing with other people...no other way to get better.

Keone
Go to Top of Page

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  8:46:31 PM  Show Profile
Howzit Keone, What paht of Monterey you stay?

I stay Gilroy now but wen spen plenny time Marina side. Maybe us know same peopo's.

When you goin Hawaii? My moddah jus came back an wen bring me two buks (go figgah, I stay paht Filipino). If you like, I go ask whea she wen get um, wit murphy and his law on my side, probly Harry's Music.

Enjoy yoa trip if you no stay go yet, an welcome home if pau.

If you like kanikapila, let me know yah? I tink I stay early intermediate, but I don't know how fo gage um.

Me Ke Aloha,
Steve

Edited by - Kiwini on 04/24/2005 8:47:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Keone
Akahai

50 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  12:07:00 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Kiwini,

Sorry about my delayed reply, but just got back from Oahu. My trip was great...and I brought back some ono food (Lau Lau, Kaluha pig, Hurricane popcorn, etc).

Unfortunately, I did't get to Harry's because of all the ohana obilgations but I did Ozzie Kotani which was great. Next time I'll make it to Harry's.

By the way, I live in the Salinas/Monterey area. Actually my niece was in a Hula Halau in Seaside/Marina last spring...if she does it again, perhaps our paths will cross and we can play some ki 'ho alu..I'm also early intermediate.

Talk to you later.

Keone

Keone
Go to Top of Page

Bd1
Lokahi

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  2:55:50 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, Just a little warning, If you go to Harry's in Kaimuki do not park right in front!!!! It is a loading zone and the price is $50 to Honolulu's bank account..........Auwe! Going to Kapono's tonite to see Led. I will park in the valet parking wot yo tink???

BD1
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  4:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
The valet lot works way good if you get there before 6 PM. Otherwise the side lot isn't that far.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  1:21:32 PM  Show Profile
Borders in Waipahu has a tiny selection, Harry's is good source too.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  07:34:04 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Keone,

Haa'hd for keep track of all the posts around dis place. So, sorry I never got back to you till now. Sorry that all that ono kau kau probably pau. Oh well at least I know it nevah went to waste. My daughter lives in Hawaii and had a hard time finding the Hurricane popcorn. So off to Dobashi's I went for Furokake and Arare. Good stuff.

Who was your daughters Kumu? Gina Redeira or Tina Lagapa? I just met someone that is involved with the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life that is/was involved in hula because of some younger girl. Is it possible you know who I'm talking about? I know lot's of people in your area. I'm sure there's a connection somewhere.

Shootz bra, we go!

Me Ke Aloha,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

Keone
Akahai

50 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  2:32:11 PM  Show Profile
Heya Kiwini,

The hula halau kumu was Tina. She was great! I think it was Ke'hau Hula Ohana. It was actually my niece in the halau. My daughter is just turning two so maybe I'll get her into it now. I'm sure we'll find the connection...we just need to get together and jam. We'll work it out.

P.S. I do know some people in the Relay for Life but not from the halau.

Keone

Keone
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000