Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Ohana Brown at the Little Fox
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  8:40:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
or "we drive for great Hawaiian music" ... wow, I've been telling my ku`u Lina about Kevin and his sweet style since I met him at Waihe`e, she said after the show that everything I said was true. Kevin is so at home on the stage that his love for the music, for his family, for his heritage, just shine forth. It's a special experience to be around when he performs.

I've had Ikaika's "Kalo Man" CD for years, it's one of the first Hawaiian CDs I bought, and I got "Generations" as soon as it came out, but I wasn't prepared for this man's talent. Guitar sweet but strong, wide repertoire, compelling lead voice and then those amazing high harmonies, so pure and clear, perfectly balanced with either his dad or Ka`ena.

Ka`ena caught the ribbing of the family, it seems she usually puts her career as a Maui police officer ahead of the Ohana Brown musical engagements ... but when they landed a mainland tour she signed up right away. Her singing was strong, sure, and sweet, a definite plus for the group, and she gave Ikaika a chance to sing his high harmonies really_really high!

This was a special show, folks, something about the family feeling added to the talent and the devotion to the music to lift it all to the next level. Thanks Patrick, thanks Ohana Brown.

PS - nice turnout of Tpatchers, great to meet Kiwini, see Lawrence and Cyn, Bwop, Gary A, and Stacy, and of course Ilio Nui and Patrick.

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  9:21:46 PM  Show Profile
Okay, now... remember all of you who are enjoying Ohana Brown have to remember to give them back to us here on Maui :) Seriously, I'm very excited to be hearing this news of their shows. A little envious, perhaps that I can't be there with you at the various venues. That family is the epitome of aloha. It's so wonderful that they are getting the exposure! They won't be Ki ho'alu's best kept secret for long! Keep those reviews coming.

Me ke aloha
Duke

P.S. Hey Fran! When will we see you again in Waihe'e??
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  04:38:03 AM  Show Profile
Duke, you've had them long enough. Now they're ours. I could listen to them every night for the next two weeks. Oh yeah, as the road manager I get to do that. I definitely second what Fran had to say and really appreciate the TP turnout. From my side, I was expecting to hear the same songs I heard at the Felton show, but there were only three repeats all night. What a repertoire!

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Gary A
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  11:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gary A's Homepage
That was a great show with a nice family feel to it. It was also fun chatting with the other Taropatch people before and after the show. Thanks, Patrick, for bringing Ohana Brown out here and thanks for giving us Bay Area Taropatch people a chance to get together.

Gary
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  12:52:20 PM  Show Profile
Yes a very nice show.

It gave me warm feelings when Kevin thanked the taropatch ohana for comming out to see him (several times), some of us by name.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  3:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Lawrence

It gave me warm feelings when Kevin thanked the taropatch ohana for comming out to see him (several times), some of us by name.
Hey, when Kevin thanks the taropatch ohana, he's thanking himself!

Seriously, Kevin and Patrick have been h-u-g-e supporters of this web site. Glad to hear that everyone is enjoying the `Ohana Brown shows. Many of us from Hana to New York are wishing we were there too. Go Kevin and `ohana Brown!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Pulelehua
Akahai

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  8:39:27 PM  Show Profile
Still smilin' after the show Wednesday night! Kevin has such impeccable timing with his jokes! Really enjoyed the diversity of songs and the rich complexity of their voices, but mostly their gift of aloha to all of us. It was wonderful!

Pulelehua
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  03:34:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Aloha everyone - this photo arrived in my inbox this morning...

This is the marquee from the 2nd performance on the Brown Ohana's first mainland tour. And a couple of taropatchers waiting to attend the concert.
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  03:37:43 AM  Show Profile
Hey Fran, Ocean and Mike Kaawa say hello from last night's Eddie Kamae concert. They had good things to say.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

JimC
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  04:20:02 AM  Show Profile
Can't wait for the Santa Rosa Show Saturday night.
All you North Bay TP'rs, Lets fill the place up and you guys down south.... It's not that far of a drive.

Thanks Ross for bringin them up here.

Dave, drive slow

Jim
http://www.ohanahulasupply.com
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  05:01:30 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh!! I've been waiting months to meet Kevin!!! I was so excited when he first whispered keep it quiet but Patrick was putting something together... And Now It's TONIGHT!! He and Ohana will be here!!! Oh Boy!!! I think we'll just keep them here.......
aloha all!!!
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  05:24:35 AM  Show Profile
Just as a followup. The San Leandro Library show was exceptional. Again, more songs. The shows are never the same. I don't even think `Ohana Brown knows what surprises it has in store for San Diego. Enjoy!!!!!!

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  07:00:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Hey, slkho, thanks for the message from Mike and Ocean. Those guys really spun my head around last I saw them, and I was right on the edge of getting down to see the show in Irvine. That Paul Kim is one sweet steel player, right? And Analu amazed me with his busy, modern bass style that still fit so beautifully. Seeing this band brought my appreciation of Hawaiian music to the next level, I feel like I really owe them. They're one of the reasons I tell everybody to go to O`ahu - the music just can't be beat.

Fran

Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  07:36:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Gotta go with Dave on the San Leandro show. The Browns seemed to be so at home, talking about the folks they were meeting who'd come from the islands, including their Waiehu neighborhood. And Ka`ena got more ribbing, this time about some new boots ... I was wondering what part of her desire to make the Kaleponi tour had to do with shopping, and she was wearing the answer. I hate to miss the Santa Rosa show but we've been booked for quite a while. I'm sure looking forward to Sunday at the Englander.

Fran

Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  10:09:31 PM  Show Profile
What a treat it was to finally meet fellow TP'rs, and to be in the presence of the Aloha Spirit so effortlessly intertwined with music, song and that good ol' Hawaiian humor. Mahalo Kevin, Ikaika, Ka'ena for giving me my fix. Maika'i!! Patrick, what can I say, except "Tanks eh Bra! You one tahriffic promotah, Mahalo's to you."

Me Ke Aloha,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  09:20:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Mahalo to Everyone! It's all because of you folks and your support! See you at today's Party at the Englander!

Patrick

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000