Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 `Ohana Brown - Santa Rosa
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  06:28:22 AM  Show Profile
Big Mahalos to Ross and the Sweethearts of Hula for putting on a fabulous concert. The 200+ crowd was treated to the best concert yet (I can't speak for San Diego). The venue was superb - The Merlo Auditorium at The Luther Burbank Center. Special thanks to Jim, Linda and Alison Cramer for their hospitality before the show. I think Ka`ena appreciated the nap. Ono grinds!

Tonight's the big party at the Englander in San Leanro. Hope to see you there.

Da bus driva,

Kawiks

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  09:06:13 AM  Show Profile
You folks bettah take bettah care of Ka'ena!!! She came to us with cold feet!!! Naps are good. The concert down south was just outstanding, no ka bes'! The intamacy of Ohana and specially chosen songs were way special.
Next tour, how 'bout letting us book them in up here in RB, MB or Gardena???
Enjoy the rest of the tour!
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  09:23:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Dave Nye! Thanks for all your help..dude you are the man and we appreciate you doing sound and just being there to help! Folks, Dave Nye is a killer sound engineer!! And a GREAT tour manager!

Party at Engander!

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  10:43:33 PM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Aloha everyone,
Thanks for coming out to the show in Santa Rosa, we had a pretty good turnout! The room wasn't full, but the audience was GREAT, really enthusiastic I thought. We all really appreciated your support and presence.
Patrick, thanks for taking a chance at a new venue; enjoyed your new material too.
I like the ever-evolving photos of your keiki; isn't there some child-labor law protecting your kids against such shameless exploitation?
Thanks to Kevin, Ikaika and Ka`ena for braving the cold-cold North.
I really enjoyed seeing Kevin's kolohe side! Commenting on the dancers.....gracefulness. And he played us "JailBreak", hee, hee. My brother really liked that one; caught him off-guard.
Jim, thanks for dealing with those snakes!
Thanks to the ladies of "Na Huapala O Hula" for the fine dancing. they worked hard to prep and it showed.
Thanks Dave for just bein' along for da ride.

Let's see; a mostly-accurate set list:

1st set

Pat
Pauoa Liko ka lehua
Pa`a hana
A Father's Love

Browns
No Ke Ano Ahi Ahi
Radio Hula/Punalu`u medley
Kolomona Slack key
Holei
Kaulana Wailua (?) -Ka`ena
Ki Ho`alu (?)
Aloha kaua`i
Kiss Me (?) - Ka`ena

2nd Set

Mauna Loa Jam
Koke`e
Kipukai
On and On
Sentimental Reasons - Ka`ena
Just Along for the Ride - Ka`ena
Puamana
?? ??
Sleepwalk
hawai`i Aloha

Ahh, and we get to hear them again at Sonoma State on Thursday, lucky us!

Ross
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  7:27:08 PM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou:

What a concert! There was such aloha spirit in the room, it was unbelievable, no, let me correct that, it was entirely believeable.
Crowd was very enthusiastic and knowledgable, and the playing was sending everyone ovah da top!
I listened to the Brown 'Ohana last year the Maui Music Festival and was so impressed to hear them, but how much mo' bettah to be right up close, in a great room, good acoustics and a chance to really see those smiles.
Kevin is a master story teller, i was giggling the whole time. the music is still with me, and I'm honored to have been there on s special night.

cathe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000