Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Moving Performance in Ohio!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OHIO-HAOLE
Akahai

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  05:49:13 AM  Show Profile
Aloha ohana!...Just wanted to say WOW about thursday nights performance with Cyril Paninui & Patrick Landeza. It was warm ,spiritual,and full of Aloha. I was lucky to bump into Patrick outside the theatre before the show, talk about a down home fun lovin guy! I introduced myself as Ohio Haole from TaroPatch forum and he instantly lit up! TaroPatchers are everywhere! Great chatting with him about ki ho 'alu. During the show he ripped me up with his one liners , didn't know he was so witty and funny...and boy his voice was sooo smooth at times even giving me goosebumps! I'm sooo jealous of people who play beautiful nahe nahe and sing like an angel! He sang a song about his father (I think called "Fathers Love")any it had me teary eyed! If you hear at any time that Patrick is in your area...Get out and see him!...Also I finally got to meet a masters son and a master himself Cyril Pahinui! How great was that...we are both Vietnam Era vets and it was surreal meeting with him on the anniversary of The Kent State shootings of the four students right down the street where it happened here in Kent,Ohio.Back in the 70's in Oahu I stayed after the service and I remember seeing his Dad. Spittin image of the old master he is! Funny how Big and bold Cyril looks at first..then when you hear his gentle soft yet strong Hawaiian voice your instantly calmed from the days worries and your spirit is lifted! His playing also is sooo smooth he sounds as if he invented chimes pulling them out of everywhere! I want to thank whoever was responsible for getting these great musicians to come to Ohio. Not only did Northeast Ohio get some great schooling last night...I know I got a badly needed shot in the arm of ALOHA that is going to inspire and hold me for a long time! Mahalo,Mahalo to both of them!

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  06:34:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Congratulations on getting a local kiho'alu concert in Ohio!
Both Patrick and Cyril are great players and good people.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  12:37:04 PM  Show Profile
Boy oh boy, it was a blast, Ken! It certainly was a long time getting here. I was waiting forever for the show to come. It was such a pleasure to meet Patrick. What a great guy (and player)! And Cyril, as always, is simply wonderful. We even had the added feature of Hawaiian music mixing with avant garde Egyptian music for a few tunes. That was pretty wild! I was really satisfied to see such a good crowd, too, for the first slack key concert in Ohio. Hopefully, we'll have more soon. Thanks to the Kent people for hosting such a wonderful event.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000