Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Kaua`i Music Festival
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  06:03:00 AM  Show Profile
For anyone on Kaua`i May 28 - check out the Hawaiian Music Night concert at Kaua`i Community College - Willie K; Jake S, Sistah Robi, John Cruz, Kohala. $25. Order on line - go to mele.com concert listings for link to website. SLKHO - this means you. I'll be in contact regarding this event.

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  1:30:16 PM  Show Profile
Chunk,
No worries, I'll check w/ puaho. If its an evening affair, we in. Not sure what our scheduling will be during the day. You, Mary, and us we'll see Doug that Friday. Who's Kohala?
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

jeffzeb
Aloha

1 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  11:47:00 PM  Show Profile
Whoa! This Kauai Music Festival event is NUTS!! Has anyone else checked out who's gonna be there? There is major industry heavyweights coming to this thing, A&M Records, RCA Records, Warner Music, Third Eye Blind lead singer Stephan Jenkins, Vanessa Carlton, not to mention all the Hawaiian talent! Crazy...these people are going to teach songwriting and the record companies are gonna be scouting for talent.

This is the third year they have had the event, why haven't I heard of this before?? I'm gonna contact them and see if I can get in...I have some great songs I would love to pitch for the record companies, wouldn't mind taking a class from vanessa carlton too (she's cute). Check out the Kauai Music Festival website -

http://www.kauaimusicfestival.com

BTW, I think Kohala is Charles Brotman's band (the guy who won the Hawaiian Grammy this year).

-Jeff
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  05:26:26 AM  Show Profile
SLKHO,
I'll see you Wed at L & L to talk about this, but I think we'll try to catch Doug on Sun. Fri would be OK if you're leaving before Sun. I already order by tickets for the Sat event. $25 on line.
I saw Kohala at the Waikoloa Slack-key festival - good music, but sorta Jazzy. It may be Brotman's group - I think there are four really good players if I remember.
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  08:14:31 AM  Show Profile
For their releases thus far, Kohala has been a trio of guitarists -- Charles Michael Brotman, Kevin Teves and Charlies Recaido -- playing contemporary Hawaiian and jazz/new age:
http://www.mele.com/v3/artcat/kohala.htm

The soundclips posted don't do justice to the sound heard on the CDs...

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000