Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Led at Kapono's
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  11:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
aloha all,

we went to kapono's a week ago to hear led ka'apana play (his brother, ned, was playing next door at don ho's place, which was one of the running joke of the evening).

it was our first time to kapono's at the aloha tower marketplace. it's a wonderful venue! it's in the open, next to the harbor, and a great place watch the sun go down, have a beer and some food, and listen to great music. it's an intimite place: it was led's birthday, and so some of his friends had brought a birthday cake which was shared with everyone listening to the music. henry kapono was sitting in the audience enjoying the show with the rest of us for the first hour.

led also brought up some friends to play with him, which according to our friends is his normal M.O. there was a visitor from england, who played some fusion-like piece; it was the first time i'd seen led unable to do an impromptu duet. led thoroughly enjoyed this moment, although the visitor seemed a bit shook...

the music was beautiful, of course, but the most amazing part of the show was when he brought out an autoharp and played a few hawaiian songs. they were awesome.

judy barrett has put up a web site for led at http://www.ledkaapana.com. he's setting off on a tour, so keep your eyes open for him. if you can, though, catch him on a tuesday at kapono's.

aloha,
keith

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  12:01:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
We made the same pilgrimage to Kapono's last June and it was a definite high point of the trip. We've decided our move to the islands will be to Oahu, just because of the music.

Did you do some ukulele shopping while you were there? See the player uke at The Ukulele House?

Fran

Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  1:08:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
fran,

no, we didn't do much ukulele trolling this trip. i did pick up my new ko`olau tenor (it's beautiful!) and kawika medrano in lahaina gave me a pleasant sell job on KP ukuleles (check 'em out at kpukulele.com). but, our o'ahu trip was short.

yes, i can see the draw to living on o'ahu...

aloha,
keith

Go to Top of Page

ManaKapu
Aloha

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2002 :  10:15:33 PM  Show Profile
Aloha,

Thanks to your posting I found out Led is coming to Michigan next month and I'm very excited. Maholo for the post!

-Danno
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000