Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Nylgut strings for a 'uke?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2002 :  12:34:21 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone here tried these strings by Aquila? http://www.aquilausa.com/uke_strings.html

I've heard mixed reviews on Nylgut for classical guitars and very positive reviews for 'ukes. The positive reviews came from vendors, though. Do any of you players have opinions on them? I'm going to order a couple of sets but I'd like to hear from you, too.

Mahola,

Pauline

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2002 :  4:45:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
aloha e pauline,

i've not heard of them (and i'm a severe italianophile, too!) i'll try some out myself.

i've recently started using ko'olau strings and love them. they are much more responsive than hilo or martin strings. when i get a chance to try the nylgut strings, i'll report on their differences.

thank you for the information,
keith

Go to Top of Page

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2002 :  4:44:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
I have them and they are incrediable. They made a beat up, very inexpensive poorly made Baritone sound like a millon bucks. Great tone a whole lot of sound.

So, I put the Low G strings on my Ovation Wow

I ordered them from Ukelele World down in Texas.

Now I want to try guitar strings

Marzullo if you attend the slack key group gathering on 10/6 you can try them out for yorself

Edited by - Don on 09/28/2002 7:20:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2002 :  9:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi don and pauline,

i just tried them today at the kanikapila in encinitas. don, you're right, they're wonderful sounding! i'm going to get me a set too (i've been playing ko'olau strings, which are good but not this good).

don, i sent a message to you at socalslackey, i'm looking forward to meeting up with y'all.

aloha,
keith

Keith
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2002 :  04:07:18 AM  Show Profile
They are saying great things about them on the boards at www.FleaMarketMusic.com as well.

I ordered the sets a few days ago from AquilaUSA, but they were out of the uke strings for a couple of weeks. To me, a couple means 2. I hope that's true for the importer as well.

Pauline

Edited by - Pauline Leland on 09/29/2002 04:08:14 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000