Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Introduce Yourself
 sup
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cheeba
Aloha

25 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2005 :  8:49:50 PM  Show Profile  Send cheeba an AOL message  Send cheeba a Yahoo! Message
new here. picked up a lanikai ukulele a few days ago cause i had some money burning a hole and had to take a trip to the local music store. i'm from the bay area, ca and i'm 22. that's about it. sup

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  09:05:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Welcome, cheeba - snoop around the forum and you'll find a LOT of Bay Area folks you may want to connect with. You been playing uke before, or just starting out?
=Gregg in Seattle=
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  09:16:30 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the TP Cheeba!!
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

cheeba
Aloha

25 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  11:21:41 AM  Show Profile  Send cheeba an AOL message  Send cheeba a Yahoo! Message
nah i just picked it up cause it looked nice and the guy at my music store is pretty trustworthy so i took his word on it. now i can't put it down
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  12:03:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Cheeba. So what kind of music have you playing on your new Lanikai? You might be interested in checking out Dominator's tabs at http://www.rockslide.org/Ukulele_Tab.html

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cheeba
Aloha

25 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  12:13:59 PM  Show Profile  Send cheeba an AOL message  Send cheeba a Yahoo! Message
just some beatles stuff really. struggling a bit with chords where one finger holds 2 strings and with my strumming. i'm not patient at all and its only been a few days so i'm just trying to get a song down real good to get me more inspired. i can't read tab yet, but he's got some awesome songs on there. thanks for the link
Go to Top of Page

Tonya
Lokahi

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  12:34:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tonya's Homepage
Welcome, Cheeba. Have you checked out the Beatles ukulele site yet? Go here:
http://www.beatlesite.info/

And, if you like Hawaiian and you're close to San Francisco, this weekend is the San Francisco Aloha Festival (free admission which is pretty cool) and lots of Hawaiian music and dance. Here's the info:
http://www.sanfranciscoalohafestival.org/AlohaFest/index.html

http://www.uketreasures.com
http://www.ukuleletonya.com
Go to Top of Page

cheeba
Aloha

25 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  12:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Send cheeba an AOL message  Send cheeba a Yahoo! Message
yeah i knew about the site (i'd be lost without it) and the festival but thanks for the info anyways. are you going this weekend? i'll be there if i can get a day off
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  2:31:23 PM  Show Profile
Cheeba,
Try this one out. I know you know the rest of the words and the tune.

Dm C
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
Dm C
A tale of a fateful trip.
Dm C
That started from this tropic port,
Bb C Dm
Aboard this tiny ship.

__Dm__
| | |X| |
|X|X| | |
| | | | |

__C__
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | |X|

__Bb__
| | |X|X|
| |X| | |
|X | | | |

plenny easy

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

cheeba
Aloha

25 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  2:51:18 PM  Show Profile  Send cheeba an AOL message  Send cheeba a Yahoo! Message
yeah, that b was giving me trouble but i think i'm okay now. thanks though

Edited by - cheeba on 08/01/2005 7:58:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2005 :  10:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Now, play the same tune, but sing the words to "Amazing Grace"; strangely enough, it works.
(As well in reverse - play AG, sing the GITheme.)
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2005 :  4:08:54 PM  Show Profile
A side note: The late George Harrison was a big fan of Hawai'ian music and an avid ukulele player.
Note to Retro: I've heard that some folks have had a near religious experience from the GITheme.
Go to Top of Page

cheeba
Aloha

25 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  8:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Send cheeba an AOL message  Send cheeba a Yahoo! Message
i remember not too long ago, after george's death, paul macartney did a tribute to him at his concert and brought out a ukulele and was singing 'something' (which george harrison wrote)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000