Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 NY: Haw'n Music at Staten Island Stadium 9/3 Sat
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  05:34:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Aloha everyone,

Here is some self-promotion...

Papalua, the duo of Taropatch.net members Admin and dl584, will be performing an hour set as part of the pre-game show for the the Staten Island Yanks. The Staten Island Yankees have been featuring live music before and after games in 2005.

It's a "unique" gig for us and we expect to have a really great time. We plan to play traditional Hawaiian and contemporary island hits. I think we'll be situated on a stage out near the concession stand but the audio will be piped into the stadium. And rumor has it that video may be piped in to the Jumbotron! If you're interested in a fun day of Hawaiian music and baseball, we'd really appreciate the support. Hope to see you there.

Date: Saturday, September 3rd, 2005
Time: 5:25-6:25pm (game starts at 7:10pm)
Where: Staten Island Stadium
Cost: $9/$11

Aloha!

Andy

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  1:37:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Go to Top of Page

Tommy
Akahai

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  2:01:23 PM  Show Profile
Andy,
Thank you for posting this. I can't wait to see you and DL on the Jumbotron. Well worth a boat trip to one of our outer islands to support you guys.
Tommy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  2:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy

Thank you for posting this.
Hi Tommy,

Great seeing you on Saturday. Sorry to have missed the jam. Would love to meet up with you guys sometime.

And thanks to you and Liko for encouraging me to post about Staten Island.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  03:09:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Mahalo to our friends and family who came out to watch us and baseball! It was a total head trip to be up on the jumbotron and have our music piped throughout the stadium.

Friends told us that they could hear our music from the water as they arrived on the ferry. Great baseball game with a home team victory. What a blast! Here are a couple of pics.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  05:57:12 AM  Show Profile
Wow!!!
Too cool to know celebrities!!!! Way to go Darin and Andy! Let us know when you head to the west coast on tour.
nc
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  03:52:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Told you it would only take time Andy! Then on the road!

Patrick

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

Tommy
Akahai

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  12:53:57 PM  Show Profile
Here's a brief review: The guys hit a HOME RUN! It was a perfect late summer day--blue sky, plenty of sun, the green grass of a field of dreams, right on the water bustling with kayak to luxury cruise ship traffic. The mix of amplified guitars and voices was excellent and piped through every speaker in the stadium. The set consisted of songs in both Hawaiian and English languages as well as some "killer" instrumentals; all were played and sung beautifully. Nahenahe. And the team won--I hope the big boys in the Bronx get the message--Hawaiian music=victory.
Tommy Cheng
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  5:08:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Tommy! I really appreciate you guys coming out. Mahalo nui for the kind words.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000