Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 1st bluegrass/Hawaiian music camp on Maui a sucess
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pastorharry
Aloha

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  10:07:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit pastorharry's Homepage
I was honored to be able to participate in 2 out of 3 camps on Maui at Oluwalu's Camp Pecusa where children and adults were given classes in bluegrass and slackkey guitar,mandolin, banjo, fiddle, bass, ukulele,singing, squaredancing, hula, and lauhala braclet weaving.The camp was run by Belle Michelson from Alaska who did an outstanding job and brought some serious good young bluegrassers that I had a ball jamming with Todd,Rion, and Conner-you guys rock!! I also was humbled to be able to play along with Keoki Kahumoku and enjoyed one afternoon sitting under the hau tree playing song after song with Kawena Mann from Oahu, what a great experience for me!I got to teach singing, beginning slack key guitar, and had a private session with two new avid young banjo players.My favorite part of the weekend was the squaredance where we got to just rip it up on fiddle,bass, guitar, mando and banjos for what seemed like hours! Rion and I got into some serious dueling banjos on that one..LOL!!Thanks again to all who participated and to the Haleakala waldorf school and St. John's episcopal church for your vision and the beautiful children you brought, I hope this can become a yearly event! Mahalo and God bless, Pastor Harry

Isaiah 38:20
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000