Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Open Mic at Espresso Garden for Sept?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  8:00:42 PM  Show Profile
What if we play two or three songs ala kani ka pila at the end of the show? If everyone keeps their setlist down to just a few, we should have time to do that. I think it would be great fun for all of us to play together.

That evening as I was listening to the wonderful music I looked out of the window over to the hospital across the street and thought: "I bet there are folks in that building who would love to have the opportunity to listen to this..." Just a thought. I think it would be great if sometime we could share all this aloha with those ill and injured patients there.

Aloha nui loa, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  9:33:11 PM  Show Profile
Two great ideas Julie!

Me Ke Aloha,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  08:25:44 AM  Show Profile
I've generally allowed set up time plus 18 minutes for playing. We could allow 15 minutes per "act" including set up time (plus one hana ho song after the 15 min.), leaving the time at the end for kanikapila. Anyone who wants to "donate" extra time to the kanikapila is free to do so.
- Given that this is more or less a public performance, I would request that somebody take charge of the kanikapila and determine a few songs that participants can prepare. Taking15 minutes to figure out which song goes next doesn't seem to me the right way to go.

As to Valley Med: Here's my previous experience -- Valley Med is a high volume (read: overworked staff), generally very cramped and crowded hospital. They are somewhat open to performers, but it isn't the most performance friendly location and you have to perform at times that are easy for staff to bring patients into a congrgate area. Kids ward is often easier. If anyone wants to organize this, they can contact the Public Relations Office.

Rehab center and convalescent hospitals tend to be more player friendly and still have high need populations.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000