Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Slack Key Jam Sessions Portland OR
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

frozen poi
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  4:29:40 PM  Show Profile
Look forward to meeting and jamming with slack key players in Portland OR.
Mahalo AL

Ps. Moderator can delete this post now , newer post with info submitted, mahalo AL

Edited by - frozen poi on 10/21/2005 7:23:09 PM

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2005 :  05:40:55 AM  Show Profile
Aloha! Only ki ho'alu guys i know of are Sam Kama and his son, Sam Boy. Check with "Retro", he's on the staff of "NW Hawai'i Times" an dmight be able to connect you with some more of da local folks.
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2005 :  08:14:24 AM  Show Profile
Al,

Go to the Members page and sort by state. Pages 63 - 65 (as of today) show 45 members from Oregon.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

andyjade
Akahai

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2005 :  09:51:55 AM  Show Profile
Hey Al. Just joined and saw your post. I'm in the PDX/Beaverton area, and am always wanting to play with folks. I have some more infor posted in the Intro Yourself section. Hope to hear from you. Peace,
AJ
Go to Top of Page

frozen poi
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2005 :  10:31:54 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Andy,
Mahalo for the reply ...We need to check on schedules to see what works for a jam session sometime soon. Look me up in the members page and send me an e-mail with contact info.
Aloha a hui hou, AL
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2005 :  5:57:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Aloha Al:

There are a few of us down here in Eugene that play. We have a good sized kanikapila group too. Please let us know more about your Sunday gigs. Maybe a few of us can carpool up there and join you one of these days.

Mahalo,

Maggie
Go to Top of Page

frozen poi
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2005 :  6:19:18 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Maggie,
It's great to hear from you. It'll be great that maybe one day you folks can join in on our sessions. I'll let you know what the dates will be. We're aiming for twice a month starting soon. This will be a great way to keep us playing and sharing our music. And its possible we might just take a drive south too and join your kanikapila sometime.
Mahalo for your response, AL
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2005 :  9:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Sounds great, Al! Maybe we can meet andyjade too! We will be forming a more public kanikapila group meeting regularly every 2nd Fridays of the month starting in October. I will post the details on TP, when I get this finalized, ok? We are getting too big now to meet at our homes, so we're expanding to a larger space.

Take care, and hope to meet more of you fellow Oregonian slackers and Hawaiian music enthusiasts!

A hui hou,

Maggie
Go to Top of Page

andyjade
Akahai

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2005 :  05:53:56 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the replies. I'll be in contact with you both. I just picked up a new Lanikai tenor uke, so I'm excited to start playing with some people.....

Peace,
AJ
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2005 :  09:57:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Ooooooo, nice AJ! Can't wait to meet you and hear you play your new uke!

M
Go to Top of Page

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2005 :  7:37:23 PM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Hi Maggie,
Wow, you've outgrown da hale already!
Not so long ago since you "couldn't find anyone in Eugene!"
congratulations folks

Ross
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  10:38:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Hey Ross!

Can you believe it? I must say that next to the wonderful folks we have in the group and the terrific music that happens each time we meet, the main attraction is the great grinds we seem to have at these gatherings. We have some serious chefs (and eaters, might I add), in this group! If you ever come back this way, please stop in! I will post something by the end of the week on when we'll be meeting again.

Mags
Go to Top of Page

frozen poi
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2005 :  4:23:47 PM  Show Profile
Aloha,
Still looking to jam with fellow Portland area slack key players, talked earlier about a doing a slack key jam session at a local area restaurant. That is still on but no other players but myself interested? This is an informal deal just drop by on a Sunday afternoon , get comfortable eat ,drink, watch surfing videos and kanikapila. Life is good...come join in and share your love of Hawaiian music.Hope to hear from more of you out there.
Mahalo, AL
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  03:16:55 AM  Show Profile
Eh, Al! You ever check out Uncle Tom Kamahaku in Vancouver? He a some uncle guys jam in a restaurant there. Mark in the "patch" knows of him, also. If want, I have his #. Kory
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  5:05:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Aloha Al:

Just tell us where, when, what time, and how often you do this. I will mention it at our kanikapila down here every 2nd Friday of the month (look under Eugene, OR jams). Some of us may pay you a surprise visit or let you know in advance if we can make it up there. You are also welcome down here too.

Maggie
Go to Top of Page

frozen poi
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  5:55:18 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Maggie,
I'll get the ball rolling up here on this and I'll post the first session information here. It's great to hear from you and to hear your enthusiasm in support of this. I think this will be a great venue for us aspiring (perspiring?) slack key artists to share our love of this wonderful artform . I won't be able to get away this weekend for your jam session in Eugene but hope to soon . Next time maybe.
Aloha , AL
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000