Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Ka'au C.B.--shifting gears, and R.H. articu.....
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  07:40:22 AM  Show Profile
Forgive me if this seems redundant, but I stuggle the most with basic right hand issues...especially articulation techniques with the thumb and fingers... and different ways to create effective sounds.

One of my interests is to capture some of the Ka'au Crater Boys tunes and uke stylings...for fun etc.

My current problem de jour--r.h.technique... switching in and out of rhythm and "lead"....(I remember similar concerns as a 1970's wannabe electric guitar dude--forgive me please-- in the 70's...
Well, time flys, but the problem stays...maybe I'm missing a right hand talent gene.

Some Thumb pick slippage...I'm using the other fingers for most of the rhythm, and a combo of insecure thumb pick and first two fingers for "lead".
I've had some good advice from Dusty and Reid about fitting the thumb pick better...
So now wonderin' if there's any footage of Ka'au CB....I hear they aren't playing in that configuration anymore...
How about footage of Ernie playing uke etc.

I enjoy the fun nature, good vocals, playful words, yet good basic sound of the tunes on "Best of the Ka'au Crater Boys"...

Incidently, I have B. Brozman's uke video gathering dust, but I don't have any of Jake's stuff yet...But whether they're directly related in useful techniques for Ka'au stuff, or for future use, need to see some visuals...It's one of the ways I assimilate new ways to "attack"!

what is/are the current "must have" materials--dvd's, books, cd's etc. for uke wannabees?
G

Edited by - Kapila Kane on 10/04/2005 5:22:45 PM

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  11:22:21 PM  Show Profile
Hey grommet, where you at?
got mail?
witness protection?
overdue for west coast tour...
Kapila