Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Slack Key at Pacific Coffee Co. Walnut Creek
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  1:19:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
We're back from getting our batteries recharged in the islands, and ready to play a little slack key and talk story at the Pacific Coffee Company and Micro-Roastery. I'll be playing from 10:00 AM to Noon on Sunday, October 23rd. Pacific Coffee is located at 1495 Newell Avenue, corner of Newell and Main, in Walnut Creek.

These folks really do roast and brew some nice coffee, so if you get a chance, please come join us.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2005 :  5:42:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Fran, I had a blast listening to you play today. What a great way to spend a beautiful Sunday morning. You're a real pro! Lynne was filling us in on all of your musical escapades on your recent Hawaii trip. Made me want to hop on a plane and head to the Islands tomorrow. It was great to hear Brenda play too--such a sweet and smooth player. I also had fun meeting all of your neighbors and friends, plus drink great coffee.

Aloha,
Doug

Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  07:42:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Doug, it was a nice surprise to see you there. Thanks for coming. While I was packing up my gear before the show I realized that it was the first time I'd be playing foreground music as the headliner, and I was on the hook for two hours worth of music and story. I really appreciated you and Brenda filling up a some of those minutes <grin>. Your son's "Aloha Guitar" picture is tucked away in my gig bag, it's making me smile just to know it's there.

Fran

Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Sil da Trill
Akahai

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  07:55:04 AM  Show Profile
Fran, is this a regular thing you do on Sunday mornings in WC?. Hopefully you guys play at other times, I've got a golf-marshalling thing from 11-4, but would love to come out and enjoy the music. Been into uke strumming lately but need to get into slack.

Sil
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  1:36:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Hey, Sil,

This was my first such booking at Pacific Bay Coffee, so far I don't have any more scheduled there. If you'd like to get together to play, I'm always up for it.

Fran

Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  07:10:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
Fran, will definitely try to catch your next performance at Pacific Coffee. I'm an avid coffee consumer and this place sounds great! A hui hou.

Steven
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000