Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Hawaii Concert Guide Podcast
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

keoladonaghy
Lokahi

257 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  12:31:38 PM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou, I was a bit surprised, maybe not, to see that this issue has generated so much conversation. No Internet conversation I've been involved in over the past ten years has caused me as much distress as this one has. I've gone through both my own and Piko's posts, and obviously I did not voice my concerns clearly enough to him, and in retrospect I should have done it by email and not on the Nahenahe homepage (I've since removed my comments). I asked Piko to refrain from posting again regarding this issue on my site so that I had time to reconsider the issue, and would like to ask the same of the members of this forum. He hasn't there and as far as I can tell he hasn't here either, unless he has a different user name in this forum.

I would prefer not to turn this into a "he said - he said" situation so I'll decline to get into it here, other than to comment as several have here that there is nothing illegal or immoral about reusing information that is freely available over the Internet, even if it is reformatted nicely by someone else and you use that. It's not copyright-able and I'm glad it's not. I'm not the arbiter of what is right or wrong on the Internet, but I do have a say regarding what I link to from my own site. Piko clearly did not copy Maria's idea (which I helped plant) of doing a concert podcast; how could he - she hadn't recorded it yet or discussed it with anyone but me (as far as I know). She didn't copy his idea either as she and I had discussed it back in June after I did my first podcast and I've been providing tips and tutorials to Maria and Bob in the months that followed.

So I'd like to ask the indulgence of the administrator and members of this forum and let this thread die until such time as Piko and I can work it out, which I hope is soon. I've just been too busy and too ill to revisit and rethink the situation. There are far more interesting and valuable topics to discuss in the realm of Hawaiian music than this one.

Mahalo a nui,

Keola
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000