Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 4th Annual UGH Exhibition and Conference
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sob
Akahai

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2005 :  8:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit sob's Homepage
Aloha All!
We've got the list of performers for the 4th Annual 'Ukulele Guild of Hawai'i Exhibition and Conference. The members dinner on Friday,
Nov.18 includes the Kimo Hussey Quartet, Herb Ohta Jr. and his group and the Bruce Shimabukuro Band. Both Bruce and Herb Jr. have new releases. As well as some suprise special guests. The Saturday night concert on Nov.19,includes The first Lady of Hawaiian Music Karen Keawehawai'i as your emcee, Hawaiian music with Bryan Tolentino, Chris Kamaka, Hoku Zuttermeister and Asa Young, The Classical stylings of John King, 'Ukulele Jazz by Benny Chong, The 'Ukulele Stylings of Byron Yasui and Canada's virtuoso James Hill plus more surprise special guests. Please check out the website for more info. Mahalo!
http://www.ukuleleguild.org

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  07:08:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
Thanks! I will be there! Make sure you come by and introduce yourself. I will be sharing a booth with Dennis Lake. Pushing my slack key bass on unsuspecting ukulele players. I am hoping to get some quality time in with Kimo too.
Aloha,
-Konabob

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  07:29:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I thought it was going to be an exhibition of these:

http://www.cozyboots.com

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  07:59:12 AM  Show Profile
UGGGGGG.....

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

ntt815
Aloha

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  11:28:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit ntt815's Homepage
We've got the list of seminar presenters for the 4th Annual `Ukulele Guild of Hawai`i Exhibition and Conference. Starting Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm in 3 rooms. Continuing on Sunday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Speakers include James Hill, Kimo Hussey, David Simon, Byron Yasui, Benny Chong, Ozzie Kotani, John King, and others will be handling the music side and Chris and Casey Kamaka, Owen Holt, Mike Chock, Vince Yagi, Bart Potter, Hinano Kaumeheiwa, Norman Takeya, Nate Ching, and others will be handling the `ukulele building seminars. Topics include: Music Theory Lite, Substituting Chords, Arranging for Duets, Playing slower to play faster, Advance Sound Board Theory, Slack Key Ukulele, French Polishing, Jig Making, and more....See you there!! Again check out the website for more info and seminar descriptions. http://www.ukuleleguild.org
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  03:08:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Here's the official press release:
quote:
Ukulele Guild of Hawaii • P. O. Box 894426 • Mililani, HI 96789 • 440-4646 • www.ukuleleguild.org

October 13, 2005 / PRESS RELEASE
Mike Chock, 847-1541

‘Ukuleles the Star of November Exhibition

‘Ukulele makers, players, and students will be jamming at the Ukulele Guild of Hawaii’s Fourth Annual Exhibition and Convention November 18-20 at the Sheraton Waikiki. Seminars, performances, an instrument exhibit and awards will highlight the weekend festivities. Governor Linda Lingle has proclaimed Nov. 18-20 ‘Ukulele Guild of Hawai‘i Days.

There will be an exhibit of Instruments made in Hawaii and on the mainland. Guest artists from Hawaii, the Mainland, and Canada will also be selling their CDs and DVDs as will ukulele makers from Hawaii and the Mainland.

Performing at Friday night’s dinner and concert are Kimo Hussey Quartet, Herb Ohta, Jr., Bruce Shimabukuro Band, and Bryan Tolentino. Also, the Guild will bestow its Ukulele Treasure award in the maker and player category. Last year’s winners were Sam Kamaka and Lyle Ritz in the maker and player categories, respectively. Dinner/concert tickets are $30 members/$40 non-members prior to October 31; $10 additional after that date.

Byron Yasui, Benny Chong, John King, James Hill, Bryan Tolentino, Hoku Zuttermeister, and Chris Kamaka will perform Saturday night, with Karen Keawehawai'i as emcee. Concert tickets are $10 for members, $15 for non-members and at the door.

Ukulele playing and making seminars will be conducted from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on November 19, and from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. on November 20. Ukulele making seminar topics include Building the Kamaka Way by Chris and Casey Kamaka, What Is Instrument Grade Wood by Bart Potter, Building a Bass Ukulele by Owen Holt, French Polishing by Vince Yagi, Alternative Bracing by Mike Chock, Jig Making, by Nate Ching, Adding Art to the Ukulele by Norman Takeya, and X-Bracing by Hinano Kaumeheiwa Playing seminar topics include Performing by James Hill, Ukulele Reform School by John King, Play a Little Slower by John King, Introduction to Music Theory by David Simon, Chord Substitutions by Byron Yasui, Learning the Ukulele by Benny Chong, Nothing but the Blues by Byron Yasui, Slack Key Ukulele by Ozzie Kotani, Slack Key Guitar by Ozzie Kotani, Arranging for a Duet by James Hill and Kimo Hussey, Kanikapila by Kimo Hussey, Arranging Using the Circle of Fifths by David Simon, How to Play Christmas Songs by Kalei Gamiao, and Hawaiian Style Ukulele by Bryan Tolentino. Seminar passes are $25 for members, $40 for non-members prior to October 31; $5.00 additional after that date.

The Ukulele Guild of Hawaii is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization.

For additional information visit www.ukuleleguild.org or call 808 440-4646 and leave a message with your name and phone number.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000