Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Brittni Paiva and John Keawe
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

konacat
Aloha

36 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2005 :  7:53:49 PM  Show Profile
I have just come home from watching John Keawe and Brittni Paiva in concert and I must say I was very impressed. John Keawe was excellent and put on a great show along with wife Hope providing Hula during some of the numbers. He was very relaxed, friendly, and very professional. I would never have a problem recommending John Keawe to anyone and furthermore some of his original songs were very good.

Now on to Brittini. Wow! This young lady who just turned 17 is really amazing. She was cute as can be and funny as she played with the audience in an honest and openness that made one think of innocence. With her developing talent I can only hope she can keep her wonderful personally because she was certainly received well by the audience. Anyway, this young girl can really play. Her primary instrument was the ukulele and she has all the techniques to make her Koaloha really sing. She played several songs along with recordings of her playing Bass and Slack Key Guitar to provide her own little group. She finished with the William Tell Overture and let me tell you that not only was it fast but she played the runs on every part of the fret board. She also played some very nice slack key including some original compositions. Although she had some very tiny misses on a couple of slack key numbers she worked right through them like a real pro. Brittni and John Keawe played an unrehearsed bit where John was playing and Brittni was supposed to jam and add lib along with his slack key. I believe you could have seen her focus and concentration from the lobby. No smiles, just eyes and ears on John’s every note trying to complement with her ukulele. She slowly picked up some strummed chords and added more and more until, to John’s delight, she was runs and melody. This young lady is only going to get better and better and she will be a force in the future of Hawaiian music.

Philip The only thing worse than my playing is my singing.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000