Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Aloha Island Grille.. No Ka Oi !!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Palolololo
Aloha

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  07:28:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Palolololo's Homepage

The Aloha Island Grille in Santa Cruz [www.alohaislandgrille.com] is bar none the best local grinds around. Including my favorite plate lunch places back home.

As a transplanted Honolulu musician, this place has been for me an oasis of Ohana and Aloha. DA Grille is a magnet for good people and good times. It has been an honor and pleasure to play for all the great folks there every single time. The Santa Cruz band Hunawai[www.hunawai.com] who is there most Thursdays is awesome and a must see as well.

Kudos to braddah Timmy Hunt and da gang for providing an environment so conducive to the Aloha spirit.

E malama pono,
Palolo Steve

Paloloste

alohakanakaluka
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  11:41:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit alohakanakaluka's Homepage
Eh Mahalo for da Kudo's cuz! (I mean Hanai) Hey I neva know you used to play da kine Reggae/Ska?! Right on Cuz! Sublime and especially... The Specials! They are one of my favorite bands!Wow. I see we have much more to talk about Thursday!

Aloha Grille would not be the place it is folks, without good people like Steve Inglis and the many other wonderful and Aloha spirit filled folks who stroll thru our doors to see what its all about!

Come on taropatch.net people! Come on out and come on down to da grille this Thursday and see Steve play live! I know SLACK DOG will be here, and I would love to meet more of you! ie: kiwini,raymond,and all you others!

Mahalo Nui once again bruddah Steve.
Timmy www.alohaislandgrille.com
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  09:04:43 AM  Show Profile
Who's Slack Dog??
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

alohakanakaluka
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  10:06:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit alohakanakaluka's Homepage
slkho, Hey San Diego side! I love it down there! I lived there for a couple of years when I first came out here from Maui. Worked for the Hilton on da bay! Plenty good restaurants, and always something fun goin on! Let me know how to get a hold of you and when I come down to visit my friends/family I will look you up for some Kanikapila!

P.S. your kidding about Slack Dog right? Bruddah Dave Nye aka: "Ilionui"...
Aloha bruddah!
Timmy
www.alohaislandgrille.com
Go to Top of Page

alohakanakaluka
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2005 :  08:27:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit alohakanakaluka's Homepage
For those of you who missed last nights performance by Steve Inglis... Sorry fo'you! It would have been worth da drive... Kau kau or not... Steve played great, I mean "unbelievable" again...
Slack Dog, Kiwini and some other interested taropatch.net gazers were present and loving the good times. Da keiki's were swaying and Janice got up and danced Hanalei by moonlight!

Steven, Mahalo nui once again. I can't tell you enough how incredible of a guitarist you are... Technical, clean and so nahe nahe! He even gave me a lesson afterwards in C Wahine, playing Keola's "honolulu city lights" ! Unreal!

I am Hawai'i bound next week, but Steve will be at da grille again next Thursday at 5-8PM. I am bummed I won't be there, but will be thinking of you all as I play my slack key on da beach on Maui and have some Green beers in da warm sunset at da end of da day!

Jealous? Nah.. Jus' imagine while you stay sitting in front of your fireplace! OK.. Close yo' eyes and BAM!!!

Anyways... Me ke aloha pumehana Steve and Mele kaliki maka e hau'oli maka hiki hou to all of you patchers!Mahalo to Slack Dog for all da advice and wisdom kine stuffs, and to Kiwini for driving from Gilroy to cruise at da grille! It was great to meet you! See you all in da new year!

a hui hou friends,
Timmy
Go to Top of Page

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2005 :  5:08:05 PM  Show Profile
Palolololo! Welcome to da Taropatch, even though you do use 100+ other tunings. I was getting dizzy watching you crank those keys. But it was great to watch. You know, you should really be wearing personal protective eyeglasses. Enjoyed the evening listening and watching you play and I even got to enjoy the ride home listening to your CD. Great to meet you.

Me Ke Aloha,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2005 :  5:14:12 PM  Show Profile
Eh Cuz K-den, now I know whea fo grind. Good ting you get plenny tings fo try. No wonda Ilio Nui stay go errytime. Good grinds an plenny Aloha's. Auwe! Great place! Great music too. It was good to meet you, Tad, Mehea and Stephanie. I look forward to many more good times.
Have a safe trip back home and back home again. Mele kaliki maka e hau'oli maka hiki hou to you too.

Thanks Dave for puttin the bug in my eah, and your were right, it was 40 minutes!

A hui hou, malama pono,

Kiwini

Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2005 :  5:31:59 PM  Show Profile
Kiwini,

Yeah! You da kane. Nice spendin' da evening wid ya. Auwe! doz shrimp timmy laid on us were ono. Tanks fo takin da las one. Dat place kina my home away from home. An' Steve, ouch too many tunings bruddah!! I be da kine dizzy. No ka oi fo shua!!!!!!!

Bruddah Tim, God Bless and have fun on Maui for Christmas. Give Uncle Kev a kiss on the forehead for me

Dave
Go to Top of Page

alohakanakaluka
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2005 :  08:24:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit alohakanakaluka's Homepage
Eh you guys... I no can hea get too much bea in my ear! (Primo beer days...) Mahalo once again to da both of you! It was fun. I love to see da Ohana build more and more. Brings us closer to home and makes us feel great you know?

I will be sure to say hello to da Maui crew for you "KAWIKS". Eh Kiwini you know if you ever wanto to carpool, our friend drives up from Marina pretty much every Thursday night. You may even know her! Kapua? Maralyn? She get one unreal voice too! Might be kind of scarce next week cuz da UKULELE club is goin on.

Nuff already... Aloha oe to you both and...
a hui hou,
Timmy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000