Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 mele `ohana playing this friday at today's pizza
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  6:48:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi all,

jack, gerry and i have decided that we really have to get some practice time together. so, we'll practice while playing at today's pizza on santa fe drive in encinitas this friday at 6.30. we're working on a version of "he`eia" even though gerry complains that there's no surf there.

if i have enough beer, i'll perform the favorite uke song from this year's ukulele class: "help me rhonda".

aloha,
keith

Edited by - marzullo on 12/07/2005 7:08:26 PM

alohakanakaluka
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  7:03:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit alohakanakaluka's Homepage
good luck guys, if your ever on da west coast look us up! SUCK EM UP!
Aloha,
Timmy
www.alohaislandgrille.com
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  10:08:19 AM  Show Profile
Keith - I may make it if my wife lets me out of the house. I may get her there if I convince her Keith Urban will be playing.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  11:35:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hey yeah, keith urban and i, we look alike! except my hair is gray, and i wear glasses, and he has better posture than me. umm, we both have scraggly beards.
aloha
keith
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  5:11:01 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Timmy -
We ARE on the west coast - the place with wide, long sandy beaches, palm trees, and sometimes warm Christmases... come on down...
Keith? marzullo? The guy I first heard play a year ago at 7th Street Cafe??
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  6:54:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hey sistah pua, `ass me! (although it's E street, but no mattah).

how are you? once i grade the final on the weekend, i'm FREE... ya-hoo!

aloha no,
keith
Go to Top of Page

alohakanakaluka
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2005 :  08:15:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit alohakanakaluka's Homepage
Ho what da heck was I thinking? Encinitas! I used to live down there... Should have read da forum better... I love to surf in your area! Good surf and lots of beautiful wahines! Maybe see you up this way someday?
Aloha,
Timmy
www.alohaislandgrille.com
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2005 :  08:36:43 AM  Show Profile
Keith, see you at Today's Pizza tonight, you guys better make room for slack key. Are you still doing the E-street gigs? We had a good kanikapila at Jack's house a few weeks. You gotta see Jack's house...awesome!!

Hey, Keith Urban's cool, the guy can jam on guitar. In addition, he also makes me want to take up the banjo as well...the boy can certainly play.
Mike, you going? I'll bring the Sonny song I've been wrestling with.
-slkho

Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2005 :  07:57:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi all - we all had a blast at today's pizza. we got to meet one of the winners of a scholarship from the jonathan tarr foundation - he was great, and his extended family from mexico city were up there enjoying the music and the pizza (he has a little sister - she must be 6 - who kept stealing the show).

jack, gerry and i showed the there is a distinct line between improvization and just messin' up. but, some songs worked out really well - ulupalakua, surfin' USA, puamana (good dancing!) koke`e, wahine `ilikea (more good dancing!)

during the break, mika`ele came up with his tenor uke/guitar hybred and showed the crowd how slack key is supposed to be played. he sounded way sweet.

i got to hear slkho's version of radio hula - i gotta start practicing mine!

aloha,
keith
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000