Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Kawika Alfiche - Nalei CD release in Las Vegas
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kawikaalfiche
Aloha

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  2:11:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit kawikaalfiche's Homepage
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 20, 2005
CONTACT INFO: Kawika Alfiche – kawikaalfiche @ hotmail.com or call 650-588-1091

“ NÂLEI” CD RELEASE
FEATURING THE DYNAMIC SOUNDS OF
HAWAIIAN MUSICIAN - KÂWIKA KEIKIALI'I ALFICHE & Halau Hula o Keikiali`i
& Gary Haleamau on Guitar
COMES TO LAS VEGAS

LAS VEGAS, NV
“Nâlei” is a beautiful collection of original Hawaiian music that keeps true to tradition. Featured on this 14-track compilation are “E Pâ Mai Ka Makani” (“Gentle Breezes Blow My Way”) and “Hôkûlani” (“Starlit Heavens”) which are two of the 9 original compositions which have hit the airwaves this year in Hawai’i and on the mainland.
“Nâlei” is not only the bringing together of beautiful harmonies but it’s also about ohana (family). Entitled "Nâlei" in honor of Kâwika’s late Uncle Roy Nâlei Castro, the contemplative sounds of mele (music) and oli (chants) resonate with the theme of the CD: “Embracing our past...guides our tomorrow” which expresses the idea of preservation, perpetuation and commemoration of the kupuna (ancestors). A portion of the proceeds from this showcase benefits: The Aloha Pumehana O Polynesia (A.P.O.P.) Cultural Center - www.apop.net
Kawika Alfiche and his halau (dance troup) have opened for artist as: Na Leo Pilimehana and C & K and have toured New York’s famed China Club, Honolulu-O`ahu, Hilo-Hawaii, Kahului-Maui, Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Francisco, Sacramento, San Diego and set to come to LAS VEGAS at – December 10 (sat) 7pm at the Las Vegas Club (ballroom) 18 E. Fremont St, Las Vegas 89101.

Kâwika Keikiali'i Alfiche has been teaching hula to youth and adults of all ages and educating the general public about Hawaiian culture for over 11 years. Kâwika has been a long-time advocate of the Hawaiian culture and is the Kumu (teacher) for Hâlau Hula (dance group), Hâlau o Keikiali'i (http://www.keikialii.com), and Director for the Aloha Pumehana O Polynesian (APOP) Hawaiian Cultural Center (www.apop.net). With these organizations, Kâwika is able to bring to the mainland, the essence of past and present communities of the Hawaiian people, the traditional customs, values and protocols.
With the release of ”Nâlei”, Kâwika continues the traditional sounds of Hawaiian music that we have all know and love. It is within the stories told in the mele (music) that have been passed down for generations, with its morals and values, that people can truly be enriched in their personal lives. Everyone can benefit from the lessons taught and Kâwika hopes to reach people far and wide, touching people who may not be exposed to the Hawaiian culture and share with them the spirit of aloha. Hawaiian dance and music are inextricably linked to the land. The ancient chants and movements passed from one generation to another reflect and evoke diverse aspects of the lush terrain and rich surrounding nature of the islands. They also honor significant deities, leaders and ancestral places that are a vital part of Hawaii's history.

UPCOMING CD RELEASE & HULA SHOW EVENT IN LAS VEGAS
DECEMBER 10 (SAT) 7:00pm (doors open at 6pm)
THE LAS VEGAS CLUB (ballroom)
18 E. Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101
$12.00 advanced ($15 at the door)
RSVP: Shelly - hulamomof3 @ hotmail.com or call: 702-510-4873

Kawika Alfiche
Kumu Hula: Halau o Keikiali`i
Musician: www.cdbaby.com/cd/kawikaalfiche2

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  2:42:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
Howzit cuz! Welcome to the forum... Sorry I won't be able to join you in Vegas, but I think Gary Haleamau should be able to cover just fine . Just an FYI for local taropatchers, there will be a couple of Bay Area performances by Kawika and halau Keikiali'i in January (Monterey & Berkeley). Will keep you posted. A hui hou!

Steven
Go to Top of Page

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  8:56:23 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Kawika,

Welcome to the patch! Great CD! Congratulations on the release!

I saw you perform at Monterey Live and at Sherwood Gardens with Kumu Maluhia. Each time the performances are awesome. My sister dances with Ka Pa Hula O Maluhia and speaks very highly of all that you bring to Hula and the Culture as do all of her haumana. I wish you continued success in your efforts to spread Aloha.

Aloha No,
Steve Corioso

Edited by - Kiwini on 12/09/2005 4:36:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2005 :  05:41:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Kawika. Unfortunately, I was not able to make your CD release party in NY. But good to see you online!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2005 :  3:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha nui loa e Kawika!
Hau'ole kou mele! Maika'i no kou mau olapa o kou halau! Kaulana a hanohano kou CD! You make me want to be a "wacker" too.

Bwop
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000