Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 SCSKS L&L OPEN MIC 12.14.05 in O'SIDE
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  09:48:49 AM  Show Profile
Aloha!
Time isn't limited - at least not the time I made it down there. We play from 6 - 8 but no one kicks us out. They love the ukulele of course so you are welcome to play (and sing!). I just want to play and sing Kalo Man once in prep for playing in front of folks this weekend. Each one takes stage (it's just big enough for one person, but it's up about a foot, so it qualifies as a stage). Others may join in from tables. And the guys are serious when they say we outnumber the patrons!! It's good to see everyone.
Hope you folks make it over there! I know you'll have fun.
auntie n
Go to Top of Page

SoCalHaole
Aloha

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  07:59:14 AM  Show Profile
Auntie Pua!

The guy I work with is sick, so we did not make it. Oh well, maybe next year....
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  12:57:48 PM  Show Profile
Where was the elusive Marzullo?

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  10:01:02 AM  Show Profile
Well all, our L&L open mic was another good one. In attendance were: PuaKai, Dusty/Sheila, Bill/Victoria, the new guy Ed Crandall, Terry (chunk monk), and Mkaele. A nice night of very good music. Unfortunately, Brudda Ken, Keith, and Craig were AWOL...next time guys. In short everybody had a good night of music and long sets. PuaKai is really doing well all, I loved her version of Kalo Man on the TaraPatch CD collection, (i didn't know CPatch could sing?!!)All her hard work is paying off.
Today is Brudda Ken's big Slack Key Kanikapila bash....should be awesome. Good music, good times, ... good beer & food. Yumm!! Hope most of you SoCal slackers can make it. Don we'll miss you this year, won't be the same. :-(.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  3:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
Yes I miss all you guys as well. Its not the same without SCSKS gatherings to attend. Will be getting together with Ray Sowders when he is in town next week and looking forward to that.

Construction of the BBQ on the back patio is starting soon and a standing invitation is there for you all to come over in the late spring (Weather will be nice) for a blast blast.
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  06:06:53 AM  Show Profile
Aloha and Mele Kalikimaka Don!!
When you set a date, let us know so we can plan for it - hoping crashing on the floor or out on the patio is an option. I'm really looking forward to the trip over there!!
auntie n
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  09:35:42 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Don, no worries, your never forgotten. We'll all meet somewhere, someday to be sure. Have a good Christmas and a healthy New Year.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000