Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 Notation software
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slackkeymike
Lokahi

440 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  12:33:33 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I have read about several products...TablEdit, Guitar Pro (both inexpensive) and Finale & Encore (very expensive).

Looks like Guitar Pro and TablEdit do what I need...but there is a large repository of files for both tools. Does not look like either will read each others format. Am I wrong? So it looks like you may have to own both? Not bad at $50 a piece, but there is the issue of learning two interfaces.

Thoughts?

Mike

Aloha, Mike

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  2:04:30 PM  Show Profile
Guitar Pro is free (unless I'm getting it confused with another). I've liked Melody Assistent, $15 - $20, at http://www.myriad-online.com/en/index.htm It's not guitar-centric, more like Finale, with lots and lots of features.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

slackkeymike
Lokahi

440 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  4:49:37 PM  Show Profile
No, guitar pro is not free ($50), but I am wanting something guitar centric. Thanks!

Mike

Aloha, Mike
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  5:51:18 PM  Show Profile
I was thinking of Powertab. Sorry.

One possible drawback to Powertab (Power Tab?) is that you can only enter tab. Depending on how you define the string pitch, it will generate the notation. You cannot enter notation and get tab. But you can with Melody Assistant. PT works for ukes, too, BTW.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

sbar15
Lokahi

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  11:51:29 PM  Show Profile
Mike,

Tabledit has a converter for Guitar pro files if you need help finding it send me an email.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

slackkeymike
Lokahi

440 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  06:03:16 AM  Show Profile
Steve, mail sent

Mike

Aloha, Mike
Go to Top of Page

Rlowenote
Akahai

84 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  3:21:58 PM  Show Profile
I've had to transpose songs in notation for my wife to play on her Hammered Dulcimer, since she can't capo the instrument. I enter the song as found in the fake book and change the key to my target key. At first I was using Music Time, but the old version wouldn't work on my newer computer. Since then I downloaded a free demo of Print Music from Finale and purchased it 2 weeks later. It has a guitar tab function, but I haven't used it yet. The demo is free for 30 days. You might give it a look. Final cost about $60 - $70 .

Ralph
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000