Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 "Live From the Lawn" Streaming Video 1/7/06 10 am
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

slackkeydr
Aloha

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  01:25:13 AM  Show Profile
Aloha from Hawaii!! See performances by many of Hawaii's Grammy nominees less than 24 hours ago on the outdoor stage of the State Art Museum. The performance was filmed for a local TV show to air late this month but put on the internet by the sponsors to familiarize the Grammy voters with the artists. The concert was a treat!!http://hawaiianclassics.oceanic.com/index.jsp. Have fun watching Led, Cyril, George, Kapono, Sonny and Raiatea JAM!! mel

Edited by - slackkeydr on 01/07/2006 08:55:38 AM

sbar15
Lokahi

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  10:37:41 AM  Show Profile
I could not play this video any idea

Steve
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  11:16:11 AM  Show Profile
I couldn't get video to work either - it kept stopping a few seconds in, and then I would get intermittent reloads to new stills. On the other hand, the audio worked just fine except for one brief skip, so after 3 attempts to get the video to behave, I just settled for listening to the great music - very enjoyable!
Go to Top of Page

sbar15
Lokahi

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  11:19:58 AM  Show Profile
what are you using to play the video I have windows media player 9 and it does not load at all.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

slackkeydr
Aloha

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  11:23:09 AM  Show Profile
Computer proficiency I don't have. I could not open the file with the link either and could not get in even with checking all the error message prompts. I have a message in to Oceanic 16 (TV station) and am awaiting their feedback. I'm not sure if their server is up for this video or not. The turnaround time for putting this on the web seemed optimistic and fast. Anybody else get in or have other suggestions for us?

mel
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  4:25:01 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to not get back to you sooner, Steve - I had to leave for my son's basketball games right after I posted. I am running Windows Media Player 9 also (on a Mac).

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

sbar15
Lokahi

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  4:51:03 PM  Show Profile
Debbie thanks I still can not get it to play. I also sent them a message to see when it wil be fixed

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2006 :  12:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
The video is up and working now. What a terrific show. My only complaint was the camera work that tightened up for a face shot during Led's last chorus of "Radio Hula." Darn, I wanted to see those magic fingers!

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  1:23:14 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for posting the link. I just watched it and what a terrific show it was indeed! I will send it to all my haole friends here on the mainland. Windows Media Player worked fine for me.

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  7:19:59 PM  Show Profile
Can anybody help???
The first 10 minutes or so streamed in great - then it kept recycling between about 2 seconds of performance, followed by the "reload" real player logo, - just kept recycling. I'm using comcast cable. As far as I know, nothing is coming into the computer in the background to disturb the streaming (though maybe I need to learn how to look for oither stuff better)

Very frustrating!
Can anyone help?
Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  07:34:13 AM  Show Profile
I can't help you but I will add that the first time I tried it, something similar happened to me so I just exited out of it. I went back again about a half hour later and tried again and it played all the way through. Don't know why.

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  08:32:44 AM  Show Profile
Fortunately, this great video is streaming fine for about 30 minutes so far. Thanks for pointing it out, mchang.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

Larry Goldstein
Lokahi

267 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  12:15:13 PM  Show Profile
Seems to be a roll of the dice.

First time I tried it didn't open at all. Last night it was great. I enjoyed it so much I tried to see it again this morning.

It played just fine for about five minutes then started to stop every twenty seconds or so for about ten seconds.

Good luck.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  12:16:57 PM  Show Profile
We must be overwhelming the servers. It's too popular.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  7:07:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I watched it last night. Thanks for posting the link, Mel. Would have hated to have missed it.

And welcome! Glad to see you here. I had a blast playing music with you a couple years back.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2006 :  9:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
We are currently testing which format and hardware will eliminate some of the technical problems that can be experienced with streaming video.

If you have a tape of one of your gigs or something you recorded at home, please send it, and we'll use it in our test and post it on the internet with your permission.

We hope to have concerts and individual recordings on line soon.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000