Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 new keola tabs (yes theyre legit)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2002 :  3:28:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
i hadnt been to keolas website for a while,today noticed that he has 4 intermediate slack key pieces available there. you can listen to the songs and then download the tab and mp3 at $5.95 per song.he says these are songs from the aloha music camp (which i havent been to)..

Lee

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2002 :  5:06:11 PM  Show Profile
Thanks! The site is http://www.kbeamer.com/sk_lessons/intermediate.html

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2002 :  7:22:03 PM  Show Profile
What oh what is a hinge bar???

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2002 :  7:35:45 PM  Show Profile
Hinge Bar??

It is really one of those little secret "tortures" that Keola likes to spring on his students (just because he can do it so easily). It is where you barre say the 3,4&5 strings and raise the barre finger so it clears the 1st and 2nd string. It hurts to do it at first, but if you practice it a lot then it hurts a lot more!

You should try some of his other "exercises", they hurt too, but if you can do them you will play a lot better, and have more techniques to choose from. (right KB?)

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2002 :  8:01:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh-oh, trouble a-coming!
Maybe a surgeon can alter my finger joints to bend backward?

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2002 :  3:29:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
It is really one of those little secret "tortures" that Keola likes to spring on his students (just because he can do it so easily). It is where you barre say the 3,4&5 strings and raise the barre finger so it clears the 1st and 2nd string. It hurts to do it at first, but if you practice it a lot then it hurts a lot more!
Very well said, Larry! Keola is a very sick man.
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But you guys are gonna hafta get outta Taro Patch!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tuning (of course)!
Thank you for that jwn!

In all seriousness, I too will attest that Ka Leileiona (The Milky Way) is a nice tune and relatively easy to add to your repertoire. Don't know why but it seemed to make sense to me pretty quickly.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2002 :  5:00:30 PM  Show Profile
I suppose anyone who appears to be so nice really has a mean streak deep inside.

All four songs are nice pieces. I've played them for friends and get very positive reactions.
Raymond
San Jose
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000